Gutcruncher_

Why are Aspergers sufferers universally considered beneath contempt?

The (name etc) autism society organisations, charities, don't offer support for people with Aspergers apart from useless pamphlets, not actual help. Those organisations are scams, and only want to help autistics who are handicapped, not higher-functioning. (AND want more money than you could possibly supply.)

Go to a learning disability charity or organisation when you have Aspergers, and they will turn you away, you have a mental health condition, go away, nothing to do with us.

Go to a mental health charity or organisation and they will say, go away, you're mentally handicapped not mentally ill, go away, you don't have a mental illness.

Try MenCap, no, you're mentally ill, not learning disabled, go away, nothing to do with us.

Try a local support 'gateway club', get turned away, Aspergers, bad, nothing to do with us, you have a degree anyway so there's nothing actually wrong with you.

Get help from social services, no help after 7 years trying. Write to MP, get told, you obviously don't have any health problems because social services won't help you.

Talk to other organisations, and possible employers, mention Aspergers, you might as well have said that you are a paedo or drug addict, immediate bad reaction. Black listed.

I have Aspergers, I am not a parent looking through rose coloured glasses, society doesn't want you if you have Aspergers, and there's no organisation to help, FACT.

Edited by Gutcruncher_

society doesn't want you if you have Aspergers.

i think we feel like that, but i dont think its the case. michael jackson had aspergers, and before pepole slandered him he was one of the most popular artisits on the face of the universe.

its harder for us yes, but we have it in us to help ourselves (some autistics really dont) if nothing else, your in the right place if you need a little push and some support. we wont turn you away and say no!

Edited by A-S warrior

LOL, that's pathetic, completely delusion, Famous Person X has Aspergers, THEN YOU TOO CAN SUCCEED NO EXCUSES. That is absurd, like saying all sufferers of Motor Neurone Disease MUST ALL become Stephen Hawking. REALITY DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT. There are lucky few who succeed and get support, just with all sorts of people, the rest of us don't. Normal people don't become world famous.

Oh and I NEED support and HELP, I WOULD NOT ASK FOR IT IF I DIDN'T NEED IT!!

LOOK, I NEED support.

If I didn't need it then I wouldn't be going round asking all these organisations for help.

It is making me VERY ILL asking for the support I need and being turned away universally.

Some people need support some don't, I NEED it I urgently do but it doesn't exist.

If you are a naive teenager you believe that there is equality of opportunity for "aspies" but in reality there isn't, even getting to GCSEs for example is uphill.

Some people cannot sort their own problems. Someone who has diabetes for example, needs insulin. It doesn't mean that they are "lazy" etc and "need determination" because they need to inject insulin, it means there is something medically wrong with them. The non-'aspires' do not emphasise with or understand that.

I can empathise / sympathise I feel the same I tried everywhere like you get turned away igorned or having chasing round to find out if ANY support services willing to listen to your needs once you mention AS it like automatic reject button as it's " hidden" " invisible" and cope best you can on your own day to day but build up gets too much all of sudden so understand how stressed / anxious so get how Ill makes you worrying how going to manage alone in this world scary enough feeling abandoned

I am NOT aggressive I just don't airbrush out all harsh realities and that offends the non-'aspies' (parents, carers etc); some people NEED some support that is reality, I am in that group. There is no equality of opportunity for 'aspies' and 'aspies' have something wrong with them, it's NOT a condition which is fictional or imagined or feigned.

I can empathise / sympathise I feel the same I tried everywhere like you get turned away igorned or having chasing round to find out if ANY support services willing to listen to your needs once you mention AS it like automatic reject button as it's " hidden" " invisible" and cope best you can on your own day to day but build up gets too much all of sudden so understand how stressed / anxious so get how Ill makes you worrying how going to manage alone in this world scary enough feeling abandoned

I am abandoned that's it exactly, THANK YOU for understanding :)

I am abandoned. These people immediately reject when you mention Aspergers AND they all tell you to go to the other organisations, even the ones that have just told you to go to them, nothing to do with us, go away, etc.

The look of disgust these people have for people with Aspergers is incredible, even the "autistic society" charities are exactly like that. Wessex Autistic Society is a sham!

So is my local national autistic society feel let Down isolated disappointed angry annoyed frustrated as I have ring or email them find out where I stand as hadn't heard nothing off them since April so months waiting hear anything they have my contact details gr!

Especially mental health teams pass the buck and around to others because us AS don't fit anywhere because we just drifting around everyday trying our best plod on make do but why should we?! It's joke disgrace! I also have mental health issues like many they don't how treat us or what service is needed so make excuse !

Mental health say, go away, you don't have a mental illness (which I don't, true), go away, nothing wrong with you, but the learning disability/learning difficulty services say, you don't have a learning problem, go to mental illness.

Wessex Autistic Society don't care about Aspergers sufferers. They also want like 30 quid an hour for their services, how am I meant to afford that!?!

My MP (a Tory, what a surprise) even suggests because I can't get any help because there's nothing actually wrong with me! WTF?

But organisations like employers all say, you're fucked up in the head, ######, go get some help you mental. But there is no help that exists!

My MP (a Tory, what a surprise) even suggests because I can't get any help because there's nothing actually wrong with me! WTF?

But organisations like employers all say, you're fucked up in the head, ######, go get some help you mental. But there is no help that exists!

i voted for cameron in 2010 :unsure: what have i done? lol

now i have read some more of your posts i understand your frustration. i think anytime you get any treatment like this you should appeal your case. you have aspergers your not f'ed up in the head. maybe you can turn this whole thing around and think is there a niche in the market? you could (with the help of this forum) start up or campain for more aspergers support. even have you own brand etc. ambitious yes, but why should you suffer at the expence of your own circumstances. anything negitive can be turned into a possitve. no matter how bad it is.

...society doesn't want you if you have Aspergers, and there's no organisation to help, FACT.

That's not exactly true and you know it!

Those on the spectrum are highly catered for both online and off - go to Google and type in Asperger's and over 14 million results come up in 0.17 seconds!! Be my guest and when you've finished reading them all come back and let us know if you still need some help.

Some people have aneuploidies that are very uncatered for especially if they happen to be on the spectrum too - it's as if they sit on a fence between their two conditions and don't quite know where to go for help.

Edited by Mike_GX101

I think services struggle understand get their heads around high functioning end of the spectrum means you are still " autistic" and still have difficulties I think that's why we are often missed in the gap such a shame because not physical and can't see it ! We should go around with " aspergers" on our heads maybe then they'd stand up take notice we still need help & support just like the rest!

That's not exactly true and you know it!

Those on the spectrum are highly catered for both online and off - go to Google and type in Asperger's and over 14 million results come up in 0.17 seconds!! Be my guest and when you've finished reading them all come back and let us know if you still need some help.

w where to go for help.

I HAVE TRIED THAT FOR YEARS.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers in 2000 YET HAVE NEVER GOTTEN *ANY* HELP FROM *ANYWHERE*.

NAS won't help, NEVER have, ALWAYS send me the same form letters.

Wessex Autistic Society say, nope, go away, none of our problem, or ask to visit in Dorchester which I can't get to (I can't afford to travel anywhere, don't go out of the house for weeks on end, can't get a driving licence as I have epilepsy). They want MONEY that I DON'T HAVE. £30/hour plus travel!! I can't dream of being able to afford that!!! Even on a minimum wage job I couldn't afford that!!

I don't care if there's 14 million Aspergers references on a search engine, IF THEY DON'T HELP ME, THEY ARE NO GOOD.

LEARN BASIC EMPATHY! YOU SEEM TO LACK IT COMPLETELY!

I have never had any help off social services, they say, mental health you need, mental health say, you have a learning disability, nothing to do with us, the learning disability side say, you are too intelligent, you're mentally ill, go away.

Mencap refuse to help. All the learning disability charities tell me to go away and NEVER respond.

I can't afford Wessex Autistic Society's fees! IEven if I had a job it's out of my price range! It's extortion!

I think services struggle understand get their heads around high functioning end of the spectrum means you are still " autistic" and still have difficulties I think that's why we are often missed in the gap such a shame because not physical and can't see it ! We should go around with " aspergers" on our heads maybe then they'd stand up take notice we still need help & support just like the rest!

The mental health side say, you have a learning disability, go away, nothing to do with us, keep away, the learning disability side say, you aren't non-verbal, you have a degree, you don't have a learning disability, you have a mental illness. The mental health/illness social services and charities all say, go away, keep away, you're learning disabled, not mentally ill...

I GET SENT FROM ONE TO THE OTHER, NO HELP.

I NEED HELP! I AM ON THE VERGE OF SUICIDE AND I GET NO EMPATHY OR SUPPORT!

Because I hold down part time job function kind of day to day on my own without support of my parents who live with who knows what would happen or where I'd be I've learnt can't rely on anyone but you but upsetting and sad point of today's recession cutbacks from services makes this situation twice as worse bad !!! :(

Gutcruncher_.........I,ve deleted the last line of your post, not because it was political , but because of the other comment!...Please try to keep the comments on this thread within forum rules .......and lets not descend into cheap rants ..., in fact I,m looking at your last post again and I,m deleting all of it.

NAS have NOTHING nearby/local, I can't travel anywhere, they send the same form letters, going back to 2000, NO SUPPORT, GO AWAY, NOT OUR PROBLEM. I need help and support!

Wessex Autistic Society is the nearest "local" one but they are still far, far, away, particularly as I have no transport. They want like £30 an hour to use their services, they also want "Direct Payments" but I can't get direct payments as Social Services won't even take me on as a client! Never have! They don't even respond! The MP and councillors I write to say I've got nothing wrong with me, otherwise social services would be helping me. So I have nowhere to go! I wouldn't ask for help if I didn't need it!!!

Coming to realisation of today's society sucks and that hurts deep when try work thing out all your life best you can and it isn't easy can be tough challenge / battle no professional / services I have been with is trustworthy or keeps to the promises made once again adds to daily fight which further angers adds to frustration

LEARN BASIC EMPATHY! YOU SEEM TO LACK IT COMPLETELY!

Speak for yourself mate! If you go into places with an attitude like that I'm not surprised you don't get the help you need.

Calm down a bit and consider others that might need help too!

Coming to realisation of today's society sucks and that hurts deep when try work thing out all your life best you can and it isn't easy can be tough challenge / battle no professional / services I have been with is trustworthy or keeps to the promises made once again adds to daily fight which further angers adds to frustration

Why does 'Aspies' vote Tory?! Tories are against all social minorities, we're a social minority, a vulnerable that needs help from the state, we're exactly what they dislike. Do people lack the most basic empathy and understanding of what the Tory party stands for?!

Speak for yourself mate! If you go into places with an attitude like that I'm not surprised you don't get the help you need.

Calm down a bit and consider others that might need help too!

I just want basic support so I can live a better life!! If I could do things I intend to do unsupported,I'd have done them all by now!

Gutcruncher........I,ve already deleted one of your posts tonight, take a breath and please stop with the vitriolic posts, CALM DOWN A LITTLE PLEASE !

GC: You're not the only one who needs support and there are some who need a lot more support than you.

Yes I empathise with the difficulties out there - things are tight right now for all of us and you're no different. Costs can be extremely high - I checked the diagnostic fees recently out of curiosity and some places charge thousands. Tell me how that is fair??

Edited by Mike_GX101

When I struggling emotionally / mentally begging service anywhere to take notice and help you they dont know how to as ain't trained in both sides MH problems and AS I think they out there automatically jump to must be coping o.k as haven't heard off them or because they have AS but that's not the point! No one checks up on you not even in emergency crisis when feeling so depressed low suicidal feel like no one truly cares or wants to know!

GC: We're all in the same boat so stop making waves for everyone and we can all get through this together if you're patient.

Edited by Mike_GX101

It's a case of perception. Reframe your mind. See what you don't want to see. See that there is help out there but only if you let it in. You put walls around yourself all the time and you're taking pokes at others and it isn't funny. Doing that is not going to help you and will make you enemies. Don't isolate yourself like that and getting political certainly doesn't help either.

I can see this subject is particularly emotive for you and I'm sure you've waited ages for a chance like this - to get it all out. And this is good. But now you need to ease off the throttle a bit and let the help come your way.