Charlie C

Feeling really nervous.

I attend a NHS learning disability day centre three days a week and I'm not being horrible but I'm one of the cleverest there so don't really fit and havent made many friends in eight months. The people there are more severe then me and I've requested if I can attend the same day centre the people I live with (supported living) go but its £26 a day and social service won't pay saying the NHS one is free and social services panel won't accept it.

I found out that that the care team I'm under havent been giving me my doctors letters because they say it'll rise my anxieties so I've been kept in the dark about my diagnoses, I've formally requested every bit of information the day centre hold on me, eg, risk assessments, doctors letters, running records.... and finally after two months I'm going to get them tomorrow and I'm really nervous what they've wrote about me and having second thoughts about then them. I don't think I'll cope very well with the information.

Charlie I would say why do you need to read them. I accidently got a coppy of all my notes a few years ago. I was involved in an employment case of a serious nature and all my notes had ben requested by third parties. Someone made the mistake of photocopying the lot and forwarding them to me because they thought it was what I wanted. When my partner got home I had been reading them for over two hours, once I started I just had to know.

Did it do me any good no not really. Did it do me any harm quite a bit but I got over it.

Again I would say why do you need to read them, I think it needs to be a better reason than being simply curious, just a personal thought at the end of the day the decision is yours.

In hindsight I might have handed my notes to my partner but if she had said you don't want to read them what would I have done then?

Would it be better if I was kept in the dark or should I look and read them?

If you like and feel able to discussing them on here might help. I feel being in the dark more distressing then

knowing where I stand. Getting a letter from my previous GP angered me at 1st but eventually led me to moving

practices, she dared me to leave so I did.