Sign in to follow this  
peter

forum for adults?

I'm new around here so forgive me if this has been suggested and rejected before...

What I am looking for is a specific forum for those with aspergers to post their experiences, problems, solutions, etc.

I know that a lot of folks here do that already in the 'general' foorums but I really feel it would be helpful if we had our own corner, so to speak....

I say 'we' because I suspect I have aspergers although I have never been diagnosed and, at 57 years old, I'm not sure it would make much difference. I do have a lot of the symptoms and I score high on the AQ test.

However, I think I have learned how to cope in most situations and have a good job. I think it might have been easier to learn to cope had I known what the reasons for my personality were but it's too late now! :)

I really would appreciate somewhere to talk about my problems and maybe to be able to encourage others with some of my successes...

I guess the obvious answer is that I can do that in the other forums but it feels much safer if there were a place more spcifically for this.

What do others think???

Rgrds

Peter

Edited by peter

Hi Peter -

Don't know of any asperger sites specifically, but there are some forums out there with a higher ratio of people diagnosed AS/ASD [That said, there seems to be a growing consensu round here that undiagnosed ASD's are FAR more prevelant :D ].

A good starting point would probably be AMY's site - that'll have loads of links, as well as being a good starting point in its own right. Here's a link to a thread of Amy's, which contains further links to a few sites you should find useful:

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...t=0entry27814

Lucas will know some too, I'm sure, and will probably be along later with some links etc...

Hope that's helpful, and hope we'll be a regular stop off point for you too...

L&P

BD

:) Hi aspies for freedom is a brill site and sounds just what your looking for it should be the site linked to Amy,s thread as she is a moderator there.

Hello Peter and welcome >:D<<'>

I too am a self-diagnosed Aspie and score high on the AQ Test.

I hope you can stick around, as we are a friendly and accepting bunch :)

Hi

I know that this is not really just for aspergers but there is a group called Autism on Ebay , which has sufferers , relatives, carers and professionals . The group is for people who suffer from Austism , aspergers, Epilepsy and ADHD above other hings . It is great for talking with fellow people and is fre to join , feel free to check it out , here is the link.

http://groups.ebay.co.uk/forum.jspa?forumID=100010795