Sign in to follow this  
sylv

School Report

Hiya all,

Havent that much contributed recently here, but thought to share the received school report of Nick with you.

Ok, many of you know that we are completely new to all this here in the UK and I am honest I have waited for this report to come through.

The report is actually an mirror image of my lad. There is lots of good things in it like in English which isnt his first language, it says:

" Nick has made huge improvements in his written work in Literacy since joining the school.He has tried hard in all areas covered and can read and write to a satisfactory level. He works exceptionally hard to learn his spellings and uses these in his work. His understanding has come on in leaps and bounds. Nick is able to write in full sentences but needs to work on punctuating then consistently, with full stops and capital letters. Nick has completed all homework set."

I am proud yes...

In maths is written that Nick needs work hard on presentation as numbers are often unclear....Nick himself as they needed to write a comment has written: " I have enjoyed swimming, P.E. and science experiments. I have improved in swimming and P.E. Next year I need to work on my handwriting."

Yeah right, with dyspraxia which isnt watched...he of course need to work on his handwriting.

I am pleased with my lad. He has a good attendance, of course, as we bring him to school every morning and he has done really well, is working hard (asked myself from where he has that he he he..) and he has improved.

The other difficulties which have shown clear are down to ADD, Dyspraxia and ASD. I cant wait to show this report to our doctor.

Most important facts for me were when they commented P.S.H.C.E. where they write that Nick is developing the ability to listen sensitively to others points of view....OR "He has been encouraged to write and talk about his opinion on a variety of issues concerning personal safety"...I had a laugh when I read: " Nick has become better at solving his own problems with others, and should continue to put into practice his efforts to resolve conflicts."

Yeah...right...all he does is fighting back, dont trust any teacher anymore nor his school mates and he doesnt want to go to this school anymore.

It is hard to see him struggle to go there every morning. He is coughing at the moment and was 3 times yesterday seeing the medical officer in school but she not even informed me, therefore I will go there today and talk to her.

Anyway dont want to rant. I am really proud how he is doing academically, we know from where the other problems come from and this report actually just proves that the school closes their eyes and ears, they are NOT willing to help really, so we need to find a solution for that, but I am not afraid.

Thanks for listening,

SylvXXX

Thank you....its amazing how he did...beside the bullying he is still getting... :crying:

Com's report was unbelievable this year - no mention of meltdowns, etc, etc, - reading it you'd think he was perfect, excellents almost all round (he is very academic) - although his PE teacher did compalin he doesn't seem to like team games and doesn't put enough effort into them - excuse me? He is autistic and dyspraxic you know - I'm surprised he manages to participate at all :wallbash:

and then I notice those little things like - well I'm sure his levels were higher than this at his review in november.

So I check back and find his levels have gone down in 4 subjects and in one his new target is actually lower than his previous attainment - excellent progress? :angry:

Oh yes, didn't spot it straight away, but halfway through one report he becomes another child - also autistic but with a completely different presentation and sensitivities and needs .....

not happy!

school have had a serious letter of complaint.

we're very proud of Com, we at least know how much effort it takes just for him to get by at school, and we made sure we told him that his report was superb but it does really get to me

Zemanski

Edited by Zemanski

I have 2 children who are both special needs,you read their school reports and they sound as though they are both doing really well. The thing is,sophie has aspergers and has huge problems with self esteem and anxiety attacks and liam is dyslexic and dyspeaxic and 3 yars behind in his literacy skills!!! Whats the point of school report if they don't actually refer to the child in question?

Exactly thats what I mean....the school does know which problems are existing, but they just pretend not to know. In our case it is also because of we only had a foreign medical report, saw a doctor at CAMHS in June but everything is going so slow. But I dont give up.

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to all this but amazed at how much we evidently have in common -- fascinating and reassuring.

I have to say, this year's report for Chris really did at last sound like the child we know at home -- written by a great teacher who has made every effort to get to know him, likes him, appreciates him as a bright and witty child, lets him draw entire catalogues of road vehicles in school art time... and is leaving at the end of this term. There had to be a catch.

One thing I should have foreseen but didn't: Chris (age 9) finally got his statement this year, and his report referred to 'special needs', 'communication difficulties' etc. Chris, of course, read the lot before he handed it over, and was incensed that they should think he had 'needs' or 'problems'. 'I don't have communication difficulties -- THEY just don't listen properly.'

I waffled a bit about him working best when he has his (beloved) TA next to him and that he does find school hard to bear without special help. But it made me think that we haven't talked to him about his (recent) formal diagnosis of Asperger's by name -- any advice?

Next problem: furious 6-yr-old brother! 'His report says he's special! Why am I not special?'

Lindsay