Sign in to follow this  
jools

Birthdays

oh the joy of birthdays!

my other 2 have had parties at home with 3 friends which is what we all agreed this yr to keep costs down.

G's birthday is in 2 1/2 weeks and he is soooooo stressed out already!

he decided he didn't want to invite 3 because he doesn't see the point in staying at home.

he has come up with a few ideas but it always seems to involve children i don't know/have never heard off and with it being in the summer hols i need to be able to contact these children.......and he has given himself too much choice and has his knickers in a twist cos he can't make decisions.

we eventually decided on monday night to take 1 friend to the piccies and macdonalds.

he asked one child yesterday morning at school and came and told me.......it was a girl.

now i have nothing against this girl.....she is lovely......but i was suprised he hadn't picked a boy he plays football with .......and i just knew things wouldn't go to plan.

sure enough he came out of school in tears because he didn't want her to come any more.

the boys had ben telling him if they couldn't come they wouldn't invite him to theirs. (they never do anyway!)

he is so desperate to make/keep friends he is in a right tizz about it.

he hardly slept last night.

so this morning i've told him not to invite anyone (hope i've done the right thing).......the five of us will go the piccies then on for a meal afterwards.

and if any of the kids complain to blame it on me and tell them i won't let him invite anyone.

he seems happy at this.....for now!

lets hope it lasts

its also sports day today so that will be fun......not!

The whole party business is a minefield for our kids.So far,I've taken the coward' way out and not had a party at all.(My child's birthday is one week before Christmas,so there's so much going on).This year he's desperate for a party,so I'm going to book one with a month to go until Xmas.

Hope he enjoys the birthday celebrations-ours have always been 'en famille' and been fine.xx

Guest flutter

done the same thing

we are going out for a meal with family, with age range of 3 to 16 cos they accept her for who and what she is

the years of torture i have gone through doin parties

hope sports day ( torture) is ok and birthday is sorted out ok >:D<<'>

C x

Com has always loved his parties - one of the few social ocassions he really looked forward to. Just the same few trusted friends that have known him all his life and nice routines - we always make something beforehand and then destroy it with water bombs.

unfortunately this year he had a row with his best friend, right at the end and his friend was very good about it, but it took a long time for Com to come down and it's spoiled the whole idea of parties for him.

oh, well, he is 13 now and I think his friends are growing out of parties anyway

Zemanski

well i don't what I was thinking but have booked the church hall for October and having entertainer and bouncy castle. seems we will be inviting almost the whole class. past parties at home with just adult relatives, which was all we dared do, were awful and M hid upstairs.

I think he might be better this year hence the booking and we have added problem that he is a twin and it's not fair on his bro to keep missing out.

I am so hoping it's goes well ;)

Elaine

yes i agree i think that home parties are too much for you and the kids, much better to go somewhere else. my son would agonise over who to invite.

hope it goes ok