Sign in to follow this  
Asun86

Employment Support Allowance

Well basically I have gone through the process of applying for this benefit after my GP has been giving me medical certificates ever since I was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome (Also for Depression), I've had to attend a back to work interview at an office in Croydon and recently got a letting saying this want me to go to the job center for an interview.

This is causing me a lot of stress and I'm not really ready for it.

I had a tumor in 2006 which has caused a lot of damage to my knee, I can't walk very far and have problems with my back.

I have problems with depression, a few times I've tried to take my own life, most recent one was around 3 weeks ago and I have Aspergers, all the issues that brings with social anxiety, it's almost like they haven't really taken in to account anything I have told them.

I'm a little bit lost in what I should be doing, what to expect, obviously I'm dreading going and the only reason I applied for Disability Living Allowance for my knee originally was to get away from the stress and anxiety of going to the job center constantly, so I had some income to survive.

I don't have a support worker, maybe this interview will get me one ?

I have no support yet for my Aspergers.

So it's almost like I've gone around in a massive circle in the past 6 years, all to put me back in the horrible situation of huge anxiety.