Sign in to follow this  
oracle

C4 News Tonight

It seemed to be quite an in depth report - I only came in half way through unfortunately. They featured a mother with 2 children with ASD who had been to tribunal.

The programme looked at problems with statementing. IPSEA have complained to the Parliamentary Ombudsman about the failure of the DfES to fullfil their legal obligation to police the system. Policy is very much down to local authorities.

(As, coincidentally, is the provision of special schools. So government seeks to avoid any responsibility by saying it's nothing to do with them and it's all down to local councils.)

I have just e-mailed chaneel 4 news to thank them for highlighting one of the difficulties our children are facing. I also pointed out that there is a hidden statistic of parents like ourselves that have withdrawn their child from school to home educate them rather than fight the system.

I don't know if it will halp, but it can't hurt.

Denise 2 :)

I missed this. Shame it cant also be in print in one of the Sundays - remember the long article a few yaers back in the sunday times about the Spinks family and others about their battle wth Leas. It would be really good if they did a follow up. Im really annoyed that I missed it.