Sign in to follow this  
hollypoppy

Angry with Paediatrician!

Hi

As most of you know, the road to diagnosis is very very long! I gave up trying with my 8 year old son for a while as I just couldn't cope with the constant rejection from healthcare professionals.

He's now been re-referred and we've just received an interesting letter from the new Paed which has made me very angry. Basically the old Paed discharged him while the SALT still had concerns.

......Dr ****** discharged you in 2009. I note however that the SALT still had concerns that he still had difficulty sharing and interacting with other children, and that he had obsessions around food and routines..............

I'm so annoyed that he was discharged while the SALT had concerns. The Paed had even seen him in a full blown meltdown!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else had this problem, and did you get any joy with different Paeds?

my SENCO & Paedtrician in my childhood (junior's school) they dismissed my mum's worries and concerns about my late development stages reaching milestones for my age i struggled with physical tasks /activities my mum wrote long list of difficulties i had at school. my mum wouldn't give in kept fighting my corner and pushed eventually was assessed and officially diagnosed with Clumsy Child Syndrome ( Dyspraxia) but SENCO made out in her personal opinion my mum was O.T.T mum and was making up my condition!!! she made out there wasn't enough symptoms there to officially assess/diagnose but looking back at my mum's two page long list alot also points to Asperger's Syndrome but wasn't diagnosed until my early teens (14 yrs old). you know your 8 year old son better than any professional as you live with him day in day out so be persistant with paed ask for 2nd opinion from another professional if possible!!!

XKLX

Edited by smileyK

I know how you feel, were only just starting out on the diagnosis route with my 4yr old son, and already had conflicting opinions from SALT, paed, early intervention, school nurse, senco... All giving there own opinions about Jack and totally confusing me!!

i always believed and felt parents have that feeling about their child being different to their peers their development stages then stick with it dont change just because professionals disagree with you! Otherwise i wouldnt have had a dyspraxia diagnosis!

so the dyspraxia diagnosis down to my mum not shifting or moving on what she believed in her natural maternal instincts and gut that you cannot mistake or igorn so keep chasing as be worth it the end!

Thanks for your replies, I really appreciate it. I'm determined not to give up this time. My little boy also has trouble concentrating t school because of the noise, so when I spoke to his teacher she said, "wear earplugs"!!!!!! When I said that was inappropriate she said he could sit on a quieter table. Needless to say, when he asked to sit on the quiet table she said No! I'm now going to see her next week to sort this out. when you have teachers like that, the poor kids don't stand a chance! x

i had teachers that are less that accomodating & understanding not great practice towards their pupils is it! And creates a atomsphere and doesnt help build foundation structure for self esteem in the future lifes difficult hard enough without people adding obstacles & challenges

i had teachers that are less that accomodating & understanding not great practice towards their pupils is it! And creates a atomsphere and doesnt help build foundation structure for self esteem in the future lifes difficult hard enough without people adding obstacles & challenges