Sign in to follow this  
Noskcaj86

school reporting worsening behaviour

Jacks school are saying that his behaviour is getting worse, today he was hitting and biting other pupils, this is the 1st time hes been violent in school as far as i know. . Hes also being defiant and apparently rude (although i dont think he realises hes being rude) I went to see his christmas play earlier in the week, he was the only child not looking at the audience, he was poking the boy next to him, not singing any songs, turning in circles, sitting down when meant to be standing up, trying to wonder off and was constantly being looked after by the classroom assistant. He didnt notice me or his dad in the crowd, to be honest he didnt seem to notice the crowd at all!!! im worried this school isnt right for him, thay are not meeting his needs as he needs a 1 to 1 but thay cant get one yet untill hes been assessed by Ed psychologist or diagnosed with asd so were kinda stuck for options. Also worried worsening behaviour maybe indicates hes not happy at school?? Or is he just testing his boundaries. He was disciplined today for his behaviour by not being let out for play time break and not being aloud to play with cars... his obsession that he plays with 95% of the time! Hes 4, were these punishments a bit harsh??

Edited by Noskcaj86

DD - when she was younger - used to really struggle with the "fun" end of term activities - she found the general excitment of the other kids very stressful as well as having problems with the lack of predictability when they were not following the usual timetable

I hadnt thought of that, and neither had the school... I think that could be the reason, i'll tell suggest it to his teacher today. Thanx