Sign in to follow this  
Noskcaj86

Letter from new paediatrician, not sure what she means...

Hi,

Today a letter arrived from Jack's new paediatrician who has seen him once so far. At the end of the letter was this paragraph...

"It was very interesting to have a view of the DVD which they (me and his dad) shared with me with these very odd hand movement behaviours whih Jack engages in which Jacks mum quite rightly describes as digging or scrabbling motion. I have not seen these before, but would like to ponder these a little bit further in addition to the small degree of hand flapping and spinning he does."

After reading this letter i am as confused as i always am after seeing or talking to the paediatricians! What does she think he is doing i wonder?! Is it stimming or something else! She said shes never seen it before. Im sure its stimming, just a different form than the common hand flapping (which he also does). Surely every person as an individual has individual stimms?? What do you think she means by this paragraph?

Thank you

Just that she wants a bit more time to consider/research/consult before making any diagnostic report