dnicoll

Hello

Hi.

Another newbie. Aged 44, diagnosed Dec 2012 with Asperger's following mental health interventions and hospitalisation after a breakdown in mid-2011. Also have generalised and social anxiety.

Been self employed in various guises for quite a while now - oddly enough working with businesses facing change :unsure: . Mainly do "making the rulebook work for you and not the other way round" marketing and business development stuff, so have done quite a bit with 'regulated' businesses/industries and those where the legal framework is important.

Being diagnosed was a real help to give me and the family a framework to work off. My son (12) has leukaemia and damaged liver function, and probably is an Aspie (currently weighing up pros/cons of putting him through the assessment process). I have a nephew who is a diagnosed Aspie, and two nephews diagnosed with diabetes.

Hello! So sorry to hear that your son is so unwell. That must be very hard for you and your family. Well, welcome to the site. You'l find some lovely people here who understand a lot of the issues that you face as a person with aspergers. I hope it gives you support. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your son being so poorly, that must be so difficult for you all.

How do you feel now that you have your diagnosis? Do you think it will make things easier for you, knowing that this is what you have? It's interesting that you say you think your son has aspergers as well. Do you think a diagnosis would help him? I have a second cousin who has just been diagnosed and I know that it was important for him to get the diagnosis as he was having trouble in school (7 next birthday), but that's in Australia.

Here's hoping you'll find lots of info that's useful to you on here :)

Hi and welcome! Things must be very tough for you, I hope your diagnosis will help you to cope with the challenges you and your family are facing.

Hiya, and thanks for the good wishes.

I'm sure my diagnosis will help me. As for my son, I dunno whether a diagnosis will be too much for him atm (whether the extra 'label' will be too much for him) but I think he'll be ok. My wife will be chatting to my sister in law to discuss..

welcome and best wishes for your sons recovery.

I've survived a breakdown back in 1998.