Sign in to follow this  
bid

Nice idea...

Hi :)

Faced with the usual end of term carrier bags of school books, art work, etc, I had a brain wave! (That's enough, thank you, Baddad :shame: )

I've bought some box files for the children to make 'School Memory Boxes'...

I'm going to unearth all the past years' folders of school work from the toy cupboard, loft, etc. Then they can decorate the lid of the file with a few well-chosen pieces of art work which I'll cover with clear fablon.

Then they can choose 2 or 3 pieces from each year's pile of stuff to put in the boxes and I can throw the rest away!!.

I'm also going to look for some small photo albums so that each child can have all their school year photos together.

They could also put in any certificates, swimming badges, etc, etc...

Then when they finally leave home they can take their school memories with them, including a file of their school reports as well :thumbs:

Phew, I need to lie down in a darkened room now!

Bid (feeling smug :lol::lol: )

I do realise that some of our children don't have many happy memories of school, but there may be things it would be nice to keep safe.

Edited by bid

What a great idea !

We have boxes of school work packed away, if we don't sort it out soon, the kids will have to move into one bedroom to leave a room free to store it all.

I'll will put this near the top of my de-cluttering list for the hols, the kids might be a bit keener to do this than thinning out their toys and stuff !

cheers

wac

We have a scrap book for school keepsakes, then with some discussion I'll call it we have to select just a few pieces to keep.

We also have clear files for certificates etc.

I'm a horder at heart so its sometimes more difficult for me to thro things away than the kids

Guest flutter

i am in process of doing that at the mo myself

little one luvs idea

teenager says " why would i wnat to keep that?!?!?" ( pout tone in voise, distainful face on and scrape knuckles on ground give us visual idea too)

will be fun for hols, we gonna paint ours

C x