Sign in to follow this  
sharron

anxious mum

l am geting very anxious and nervous about my 8 yr old asd son is going camping tomorow for 5 night's on his own the trip is through social services but it is still trusting some else to look after him the way l do and to know all his likes and dislikes and his safety or am l being to protective of him.

sharron

Awwwww Sharron its hard letting go but we have to at some stage, I'm sure he will be absolutely fine.

I'm thinking about doing my son a little passport for when he wants to stay over somewhere or even for if someone is looking after him, just an A4 laminated card with his picture on and his likes,dislikes, etc etc

the passport is a great idea, a friend of mine did this for her son going up to the next year in school and it was a great success. She now uses it in many different settings.

thank you for your kind words k is really enjoying his time away shame about the weather it seems very quiet without him but it has done us good as l was having some fears about my 5 yr old l thought she might have as as she seemed to be not like other kids but this week we have seen a real change in her for better so i think we have been so busy with k and his wants and needs that she has been overlooked so it has been really nice geting to see a differant side to my little girl it is a shame that we can't get a break on a regular basis.

sharron