phantom sneeze

Cinema card that entitles you free carer discount.

Does anybody have a cinema card that gets your carer in for free and do you get funny looks or unwanted questions for using it? My support staff are the same age as me and I don't want any embarrassing misunderstandings where the staff think i'm getting my friends in for free.

ive seen others use the card and get unwanted looks, as im a wheelchair user im unlikely to get looks. i also know lots of people who get a friend in for free as that is 1 way of using the card, if the carer only takes you to and from the cinema and it would be difficult or impossible to access the cinema without your carer attending then a friend could do the same.

Best thing to do is try and ignore it. You know why they are there, and it's none of the staffs business whether they are a friend or carer.

People might stare or comment - i've never experienced that. But people are just as likely to stare or comment if you are having a meltdown due to not having someone with you to help you cope if needed.

Edited by Sally44