cazzap06

A whole new world ...

A whole new world was opened up to me when my Grandson was diagnosed with Autism...

At first I was shocked as I saw no real signs of it as I wasn't looking for any! lol

But then when I came to terms with it I was mainly worried about his future which I still do but deep down I KNOW he will be okay :D

I have come on here to express things I don't often get to express , which is the fact that my EYES HAVE BEEN OPENED to a whole ''different world'' which I wasn't part of and unfortunately didn't even understand before as I had never really been exposed to it , so everything carried on a certain way with nothing different and I brought up my 2 children with the usual milestones passed etc etc etc

But then this bundle of HUGE and incredible joy was brought into my life and I now feel TRULY BLESSED to have him in my life and I feel so FORTUNATE to have him as he has changed and enriched my life in so many ways that nothing else could

I don't know exactly what he has done to my heart apart from MELT it to absolute MUSH and make me realise what the word ADORE means but he is so sensitive , kind , astute and FULL of surprises every day

I LOVE this journey I feel priviledged to be having with him , he is 5 years old by the way , nearly 6...

He says a few words like 'orange' and 'water' and has just begun to put a few words together like ''see you soon'' when I am going home and today he took hold of my hand and said ''COME ON'' and I melted to mush once again!!!

I do worry about him but he seems happy in general even with all his difficulties and frustrations and he has myclonic jerks and petite mals etc

But I think and hope that with a loving family around him ( his Mum is a single Mum but she does SO well with him even though she often finds it hard which is why I am there for her as much as I can be and to be honest the longest I can stay away from my Grandson is two whole weeks and I am paying the bedroom tax so that he ALWAYS has a special room for himself at Nannys house ) and all I can say is OH WHAT A JOY it is to have him in the family! :D
x

That's a lovely post from a supportive relative :-)