Sign in to follow this  
allf1978

ipads-can they help at school?

hi there i was wondering if anyone has a child that uses an ipad at school to help with their learning? my 7 yr old is on 1.5 hrs a day at school in a room with his TA and is ok doing activities but wont do much actual schoolwork and ive been wondering if we got an ipad for him to use at school if it would help? hes very tech minded and his concentration is always best when hes on a tablet or playing on his ds.

Hi again, not stalking you I promise :)

My son is homeschooled with his four older sisters and most of his beneficial learning is with his tablet, he loves interacting with the games etc. He is also extremely tech minded and is always more focussed when he's on some form of device. I believe that it's something to do with lots of things to focus on (that is what has been suggested anyway) but all I know for sure is it does seem to help him take in more information learning wise :/

I'm sure some of these other lovely people will have better answers for you.

It sounds as though your child is a kinaesthetic learner (hands on, practical ) learner. I am both visual and kinaesthetic so i would find the paperwork of writing difficult because i work best at visual thinking as well as hands on methods. . I think if the IPAD is used in a positive way - Learning then it should be considered as long as they are not using it to play games that are no educational whilst at school.