julie-2

Any ideas what to buy

Hi

Hope everyone is well, I have'nt posted for a while, but would be grateful for any ideas on what to buy my daughter for her 13th birthday in a couple of weeks.

Sian has autistic spectrum disorder and epilepsy, and has a thing about ponies (the my little ponie kind) it seems all she wants to do is remove the hair and head and just hold the body part of the pony.

Other than keep buying these, I would really like to buy something that is more educational for her, as she is quite a bright girl, and is very verbal.

I have looked on ebay under toys for autistic children but there is nothing really suitable.

julie :party:

Hmmmmm. Is she creative? What popped into my head when reading this were canvases and paint. But that may be just because I always found it such great therapy and escapism. :)

What about booking a riding for disabled session for her so she can ride the ponies?

Or taking her to a pony sanctuary, you mentioned about it being educational, maybe

Mencap can give you an idea of where the best place is for her?

What a lovely thing for you to do getting something she enjoys instead of babyish things

good on you :-)