Blackandwhite

My visit to a mental nurse and aspergers

I will keep this brief

I have recently visits a mental nurse ( not a crazy person that is a nurse ) and he mentioned there was a a chance I showed signs of Aspergers

My main things are listed I do note that even though I thing in a funny way I do love life family ect and I am 85% happy most of the time

Not liking people in general

Find other views complete madness

Always want to know why something has been done in a cartian way even though I asked for it to be done the way I low works I always need the answer to the issues - why is a very important thing for me

Outspoken, rude , Kurt worse when drunk

Saying crazy stuff like - I hate your wife to a best friend

Ignoring people rather than wanting to speak to them

Dislike of of noise including kids shouting screaming

A dislike is disco's and phone ringing

Needing to do,things fast and lots of things at the same time

Not understanding people's problems not really in anybwaybshape or form

Very odd emotional reactions watching britains got talent and feeling emotional but whe someone dies I cope better than anyone

Very short of patience

My head fills with things especially at work to the point I have to stop work and go home

A general dislike for people in general

I hate rules and see very clearly they are a waste of time

I lie to organise I advance trips and visit to anywhere we go and I like to make list for most things like this

I fing I over analyse mostnthingsnatnwork and home and react very quicklyntomsituations beyond my control

I have a tendancy to manipulate people and I am good at it

Strugglemtomsleep my mind is always busy

I can't do certain things even though they are easy to do I can do them - like a chair I the rain for a month I needed to put away i the shed but could not do,it.

Don't like being I other people's homes

Don't like noisy people they drive me mad

Do not like over chatty people or people who dominate conversations

I have only a few friends and struggle to understand people that like lots of friends

My actions are spontainious but if asked at short notice to go out say for dinner to a family dinned I can't do it

Maybe I am just a miserable sod ?

I know I am expecting allot to expect a quick answer here but I have suffer with be irrational all my life - thiscis nothing new to me I also have a rare genetic disorder that causes growths in and around my nerves of my neck and spine - to get to the bottom of this Aspergers question with support from you people that have been diagnosed would be good - help please

I'm 41 but not diagnosed, yet. I've spent all my life struggling with people, I've not really been that interested in people at all - I've had few friends in my life, and my relationships have been problematic. I much prefer things to people, I can understand things - people are much harder to handle. I have plenty of things I know I should do, but engaging myself to do them is very hard - the best way I can describe it is part of my brain gets stuck in a loop and I end up not doing anything. I've spent most my life stuck in my head, its not by choice I just spend huge amounts of time processing, and reprocessing. I've learnt to drag myself out of my head when I need to, but its hard work and I slip back all too easily. I like to take the time to plan and organise things, make lists, spreadsheets, whatever it needs - I struggle to do things spontaneously, though learning its good to let go and be free.

Rules make me anxious - I can quickly learn them, and stick to them, but then find out others break them and expect me to break them at will - so why put the rules in place if they don't apply all the time? I'm way too logical, I hate grey areas. I just had a job involving a lot of grey area, my brain had enough to process as it was.

As far as I've worked out, we just have to embrace ourselves and make the best of life we can.

BlackAndWhite, you must be a triplet because I have Aspergers and you sound exactly like myself! I could tick everything on your list. And you'll find, if you keep posting here and getting to know people, it will be shocking to you that you have felt different all your life, but on this forum, you are not different at all. Sure we have our differences of course, in interests, opinions and personal experiences, but what I mean is, that here, you are not an outsider. If you spare some time to look back at other people's posts from when they first joined this site, you will quickly notice that most of us have described ourselves in very much the same way as you have when we first introduced ourselves! I would be very surprised if you were to tell us in the future that you do not have Aspergers. Welcome to the club! We all view it differently, but most people are pretty positive about it.....like our friend Positive_About for example! There are some really great things about having Aspergers/autism. I think we are very interesting people because we think differently/see things in different/new ways. There are down sides obviously, like depression, anxiety,social/coping skills etc....but at least you have found a group of people now who will understand and give some support when times get hard. Good luck with the diagnosis if you choose to go down that path. I look forward to hearing more. :)

BlackAndWhite, you must be a triplet because I have Aspergers and you sound exactly like myself! I could tick everything on your list. And you'll find, if you keep posting here and getting to know people, it will be shocking to you that you have felt different all your life, but on this forum, you are not different at all. Sure we have our differences of course, in interests, opinions and personal experiences, but what I mean is, that here, you are not an outsider. If you spare some time to look back at other people's posts from when they first joined this site, you will quickly notice that most of us have described ourselves in very much the same way as you have when we first introduced ourselves! I would be very surprised if you were to tell us in the future that you do not have Aspergers. Welcome to the club! We all view it differently, but most people are pretty positive about it.....like our friend Positive_About for example! There are some really great things about having Aspergers/autism. I think we are very interesting people because we think differently/see things in different/new ways. There are down sides obviously, like depression, anxiety,social/coping skills etc....but at least you have found a group of people now who will understand and give some support when times get hard. Good luck with the diagnosis if you choose to go down that path. I look forward to hearing more. :)

Thanks for that - today the madness in my head has started early - now I start to see it I have hope to work this out -

When I look back at things I see what it is thats maybe wrong - people sya to me - your so lucky your life is amazing why are you not content - happy with what you have - I ask myself the same thing Why

Maybe now I know

Call it quads......I can relate to all of the above :)

Just recently received my diagnosis of Aspergers and ADD. Fortunately I married someone on the spectrum so I've been able to maintain a relationship that is built on understanding whilst my own parents disowned me lol.

It's great to be among like-minded fellows here :D