Sign in to follow this  
JeanneA

Merry Christmas

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but I wanted to pop on to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy & Healthy 2014.

Glen is getting on really well in his new care home. We are visiting him on Boxing Day, he still hasn't been home for a visit, something that we are not rushing into. We are happy to visit him.

My uncle who is 93 has been very poorly, it seems he's had food poisoning, so I've been very busy going round his to look after him. He is starting to feel better which is good news.

Anyway, I will try and be around more on the forum in 2014. :-)

Thanks Sally. I went to visit Glen today with my other son and my daughter. The visit went well Glen was pleased to see us and enjoyed opening his presents. :-)

Hi Jeanne, glad Glen is still doing really well, long may it continue. :) It sounds like a good arrangement for you to go and visit him there, especially now that he is a lot closer to you. Could be that it would be good to carry on as you are for a good while longer and not rock the boat. I guess if it ain't broke, no need to fix. :)

All the best for 2014 and hope your uncle is soon back to full health.

~ Mel ~

Hi Mel yes we are going to continue visiting Glen at the home, we don't want to upset him by suggesting he comes home for a visit again after the last time when it didn't work out. Glen sat with us for about 40 minutes on Boxing Day which was very good.

Glen's dad & step mum visited on the Sunday before Christmas, Glen was in his room and wouldn't come down so they didn't see him. Good for Glen that's what I say, he's always been anxious around his Dad and he got really upset/aggressive after his Dad's last visit. So I'm pleased Glen refused to see them. It's clear that it's his Dad's visits and not our's that upset him.

My uncle is much better now thanks Mel, he's 93 bless him, he's always been a very fit main. I'm hoping to have him round for a meal next weekend.

Hope your son was ok over Christmas, Mel.

A happy 2014 to you Mel and your family. :-)

Edited by JeanneA