Sign in to follow this  
Lemony

Camelot theme park

Michael attends a support centre for two hours every fortnight during schooltime, and starts going again tomorrow for a playscheme kinda thing.

In three weeks they are taking the kids to Camelot for the day, i immediately mentioned my concerns for Michael and the member of staff i spoke to more or less agreed but said he`d have somebody with him at all times. But i`m worried about it and so is Michael.

I`ve never been to Camelot and in all honesty the thought of Michael going without me, having to deal with crowds / noise/ new surroundings is more than worrying!

What would you do? :tearful:

Lemony,if I remember correctly,camelot is quite small,and not as packed with features like other theme parks,very basic unless it's changed since I was last there (around 11 years ago)if he sensitive to noise such as screaming children,he could use ear plugs?

Quite a risky time to go as all schools are having their summer holidays now,so it will probably be packed with people.

You could go as well?

Unfortunately parents aren`t able to go. I constantly carry earplugs with me because Michael cannot tolerate babies crying/ children screaming and much more.

He doesn`t travel well either. They took him to Blackpool at the end of last year for the illuminations and he nearly passed out by the time he arrived home(as well as feeling extremely nauseous).Thats less than an hours drive from here on a cool evening, let alone a hot summers day.

I`m wanting him to be able to participate in the activities offered but realistically i can`t see it happening.

If he is anything like I was as a kid then he must be feeling kinda excited about the potential prospect of the theme park :)

Camealot is a great place and there is soo much to do. They have there own website and maybe it will tell you a bit more about the place. It will of course be peak season and so this place will be very busy indeed. If he likes the ideas of fun fair rides and watching jowling events then his mind should be distracted.

I dont understand though why they will not allow you to go with him! Have you spoke to ds about all of this yet? If so what is he saying about it?

Does your ds have AS od ASD?