Sign in to follow this  
witsend

ALERT programme

Hi all - I attended atalk by sons OT a few days ago on the 'ALERT' programme to be honest I wasn't sure what it was all about and don't know now wether I'm too much wiser1 The talk was fairly brief and there was just me and 3 other parents present. unfortunately one of the parents seemed to have their own agenda going on which meant they kept interupting the OT and talking about their own childs specific problems which kind of meant we got sidetracked quite a bit. I know the ALERT programme is to do with sensory issues and finding the right response to them (well I think it is :wacko: ) but don't really know what to do with it! do have some handouts to read but thought I'd post here too in case anyone has experiance of this and could share some thoughts on it.

Thanks - Witsend.

Hi Witsend.

I have posted a similar question recently, i too am going through the "do we/dont we go down that road" as regards to the ALERT programme. Our son has been offered a place on it, but i havent a clue what it is all about, apparently there is some info in the post but i havent got anything yet. If you are any the wiser then please let me know.

Take care

Shaz

Hi Shaz - I have already posted reply to your post don't know whereabouts on the forum it is now, but as you'll see when you read it I wasn't under the impression that the Alert prog was something you get a place on more something you follow at home! :wacko:

Having said that I could well be very wrong - keep me posted when you find out more - luv Witsend.

Oppps i do apologise, i havent managed to locate it yet, but i will have another scout around for it. :D

Thanks for that info im still awaiting the details (in the post)

Good luck with your's

Take care. Ill let you know how it goes.

Shaz x