Sign in to follow this  
Brook

climbing....

Hi all,

My son is nearly seven, and he has started climbing just about anything climbable :blink:

He has never really been a climber before, and I would have thought that he would have done this at a younger age.

He has started to climb on the kitchen work tops and walks around them, he climbs up the door frames etc.... he just literally seems to be climbing the walls :wacko:

When I tell him that he will fall, he says "shut-up", then puts his hand to his mouth as if to say oops I should'nt say that..

I know its normal for kids to climb, but this seems to be a new thing, and seems to be constantly doing it, maybe he has just discovered the fact he can climb, as he has been apprehensive in the past when we have visited parks with climbing frames.

I just thought it a little odd that he has started this at nearly seven, maybe I'm wrong?

Anyone similar experience?

Thanks

Brook :)

Hi Brook

Yes it is normal when a child does climb things but all depends what they are trying to climb..... :oops: My son tries to climb the walls leaning up against the wall and trying to pushing himself up there thinking hes' spiderman... :lol: ALWAYS climbing on the furniture...... :wallbash: likes to see himself ALOT in the mirror in full view. My son is 9 im letting him carry on to a certain extent as long as he's not in any harm, but I tell him that furniture is out of the question...Im letting my son enjoy his childhood even though I get remarks off my in-laws and I dont want the kids growing up too quick. All they keep saying is all he should be doing is having books and doing reading, writing and learning things but our kids cant work all the time they want to play aswell as cant cope with too much learning things alot of the time.

Dont worry about it he's having fun and not hurting anyone and im sure you are doing really well with him too.

Take care

Amanda >:D<<'>

Edited by Amanda32