Arlene Mary Anderson

Introducing myself! Mum to 16 year old son with ASD and researcher. x

Hi everyone

I am new to this site. I have a 16 year old son with ASD who had a really hard time at school, but is now settled into a computing course at college. We managed to navigate the hell that is the DLA application too so have been through a fair bit ;-).

I was a member of a couple of support groups on facebook which I found invaluable at times, but try to avoid facebook as much as possible lol.

I have also conducted undergrad research into theories by Simon Baron-Cohen and am currently writing my dissertion...but will save that for another post.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and warn everyone that I have NEVER been good with technology so apologies in advance if I muck things up to begin with :-) X

Hi and welcome. I got my autism degree in 2010 by doing a case study on myself. I couldn't find anyone else to do the research about.

Thankyou for your response. It is exciting to talk with like-minded people.

I have considered doing a library based dissertation for the same reason. I have found that Katie Maras has done a wealth of research into autism....and conducted the only empirical study into ASD and police interrogation techniques!

I find this gobsmacking!!

So are you still getting over Stevie Gerrard's retirement?? lol.

My son is primarily a Liverpool fan too....although I am a Celtic supporter :-). Do not judge me ok lol X

At the back of the "adults guide to self advocacy for adults on the autism spectrum" booklet free to download from nas website theres a section written by Sue Mulcahy I think on being interviewed by the police.

Steve Gerrard was my favourite player and as you're studying in Glasgow I'm guessing you're supporting a local team.

Thankyou very much. I will have a look for that straight away. :police: