Sign in to follow this  
Viper

I'm Back!!!!!!

Hi everyone, we're back!!

This is what happened, bear with me!!

Accident #1

We drove about 100 miles into France when a bug flew in the window, I opened my window grabbed said bug, threw it out, closed the electric window forgetting to bring hand back in. The window closed on my fingers and instead, of opening it I panicked and closed it more, the cracking, grinding and crunching of bones told me to open the window, I released fingers. Sat nursing a victory sign that gradually got fatter and fatter, for the next 250 miles. Nasty bruising on said fingers.

Got to the house and unloaded the car. Hubby said we would have a stroll into town for a nice meal, it only takes 20 mins. It only takes 20 mins for an adult, 40 mins later,in 27degree heat pushing a giant pushchair, we arrived at the resteraunt exhausted, eat one course meal paid equivelent of 50 quid for 5 people, 3 of whom didn't eat it (children) staggered back to house.

Accident#2

Children went to sort out beds. Beds are in the roof. The ceiling of both kids rooms have been removed and beds are in the place where ceiling used to be. Very good idea except it was not safe. The steps to the beds were very narrow, made of wood and slipery. Ben fell down them and bruised his back in five places, he kind of bounced off the steps as he fell.

Accident #3

Sorted Ben out and kids were playing when Louise AS daughter needed the loo. Stairs from bedrooms to living room are also wooden, very steep and slipery. Louise fell from top to bottom on her bottom and has large briuse on said bottom.

The final straw.

I went up to look into the sleeping situation. Climbed on beds and was horrified to see there was no bed guard and just a sheer drop from ceiling to floor with only the steps to break the fall. Not only that the head of the beds had gaps in big enough for Ben to fall straight through to the floor, without steps to break fall.

Decided it was too dangerous so DD's had the pull down bed that hubby and I were to sleep in, I slept in the ladys bed with Ben and hubby had the two seater sofa.

Packed up the car the next day went to the zoo (had promised Ben) Drove 350 miles back home, got home at midnight, less than 48 hours after we left.

Hubby can't believe we drove 350 miles into France to visit a zoo then drove 350 back again. :lol:

Believe it or not we are all still in good spirits, just put it down to another chapter in or chaotic lives.

We have bought the kids a trampoline as a consolation, and when all briuses have healed we can all have some fun ;)

Viper.

Ummmmm, I think you need another holiday to get over that one Viper!! :o

What a nightmare but glad you are all now safe and sound in your own beds in your own home! :D

I thought you'd be gone longer?? Thought you'd miss the Big Brother finale on Friday!

OK, maybe I'm just too tired to remember right! LOL

Welcome back Viper and i hope all those bruises heel quickly so the kids (and you!) can play on the trampoline. :D

sorry to hear about all ur accidents on holiday!

poor you

glad everyone is home and safe

Hi Viper,

Well done for staying in good spirits ;)

Hoped they enjoyed the Zoo, mighty long way to go though :blink:

BTW did you read in the 'comfort objects thread' about getting your son a 'Max', that would be him cheered up :thumbs:

Brook

:( Hi Viper sorry the hol was,nt very relaxing :rolleyes: , I bet your glad to be back.You were so brave to venture all that way in the car, I could,nt have survived, .Have you ever tried Centre Parcs or a little cottage over here, we have found these the best holidays for us.

Suze, amazingly all the kids love being in the car and when we arrived home after 7 hours in the car, Ben refused to get out, and probably woke the whole neibourhood with his screaming. :oops:

I do feel a bit mean though as Ben wanted to stay in France, although Louise didn't. But they are happy about the trampoline.

Viper.

sounds like a nightmare :(

we foundin Frnace at the beginning of the holidays we were ok until we tried to leave the site - drove into Paris and were about 100 yards from the Eifell tower - had it all planned and the other lads were champing at the bit to do The Louvre, The boat on the Seinne, etc etc and Andrew just refused to get out the car lol -

Also in Pierrefrond we wanted to go to this fabulous chateau but made the mistake of going round the (very small) outdoor market & I got the jabbing index finger & the whispered through teeth hostility and by the time we had found the entrance to the chateau he was at the screaming/roaring in the street stage.

In saying that he coped really well with disney on 2 days and even went swimming with his brothers on the campsite.

so although not great it was not too bad but we have been checking easyjet to see about cheap flights to just take the other 2 lads back to Paris & do all the things they couldn't - it is me not them that can't face all that time driving from Livingston ( near Edinburgh) to Doverbefore the ferry then the drive to the campsite lol.

at least they liked the zoo lol.

Carol

Hi Viper

Sorry you had a not particularly great time but it is character building!

We had a similar time in Wales a couple of years ago. Son had huge melt down on the beach and had to be dragged kicking and screaming back to holiday cottage. I managed to catch my little finger on the fence and broke it. I strapped it up myself but was in dreadful pain. Couldnt go to hospital because husband is the only driver and son would have completely freaked out if we had gone anywhere near hospital. I never did get it sorted and its crooked to this day.

I rang my sister one afternoon, something I have never ever done but cottage had phone and I wanted some sisterly sympathy over finger. My sister couldnt believe I had rung because our dog was at deaths door at the vets having been ill whilst in kennels. They wanted permission for an emergency operation and she was worried that she would die under the anaesthetic. Dog had op and was fine (vets bill more expensive than holiday)

We are going back to the same place in September......

Love Loraine