Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

BA research:Sen provision in mainstream primaries

I am a SEN TA in a mainstream English Primay. I am also the parent of 2 children with SEN (1 has Aspergers the other has partial hearing loss). I am currently researching my final year dissertation for my BA (hons) with the aim to go on to gain QTS and then work in mainstream SEN. I need your help. I have been running two online questionnaires into SEN provision in English mainstream Primary Schools (Up to end of KS2) for some time (link below). There are two questionnaires, 1 is for parents and carers of children with SEN, the other is for school staff dealing with these children in school.

Plea for input:

I am giving it one last big push for responses this week as I need to begin writing up my findings pretty soon. If you have not filled in the questionnaire (or questionnaires if you fall into both camps, like me) could I ask you to do so? Each will take about 15 - 20 minutes to do at the very most.

A second request:

As you can imagine there are literaly hundreds of teaching / SEN / Parent groups out there on the web, I simply have not been able to 'hit' them all. If you know of a group website where members might be able to help with my research could I please ask if you could pass the details of my website and research on to them (or 'pm' me with the details and I can do it)? These DO NOT need to be related to ASDs, any group concerned with supporting any SEN issue is what I am looking for.

I cannot hope to change the world with my research but the more responses to it that I have/can get, the more weight it will carry. There has been plenty of interest in the findings from various national charities and groups such as Krism into using the findings as many feel that parental views on provision are so often ignored. If I can help to raise awareness of how parents feel about SEN provision I will feel I have done some good.

Thanks

Phasmid.

The link to my home page (and the questionnaires) is:

Here

Thank you.

I am closing the parental questionnaire at the end of this week. If anyone else would like to fill it in I am sure 'lil me' can assure you it doesn't take too long to complete. If you have already completed it for me can I say a huge THANK YOU for doing so. If you know of anyone else who might like to fill it in for me can I ask you to make them aware of it before the end of the week?

I've already done the questionnaire but I've posted it into the online community where I am also in my final year of a BA (Hons). Many of the other students are school based and they may be able to help - however this month is officially a 'holiday' so there may not be much response.