Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Anyone with kids with facial tics?

Tyler has had em on and off for over a year now but lately they have gotten far more frequent. Dunno why or what triggers em and his Pead is aware of them and asked questions regarding it but hasn't mentioned anything about it since. I am not worried about Tourettes although when they started, it did worry me.

I dunno if it's just him, or a possible ASD thing.

Anyone else with a child who has facial tics?

Edited by Tylers-mum

My son does sometimes, usually includes lots of blinking and eye movements aswell, also pulls some bizarre faces especially when stressed, usually one of the tell tale signs meltdown is on its way can sometimes prevent it if we spot the signs which is handy.

I've met several children on the spectrum who have them, inc some who constantly have them. One of the girls calls her little lad 'Bunny' as his nose is constantly on the go and he wiggles his bum like he has a tail :lol: bless him.

my twins have facial tics and also twirl,swirl,fiddle with curtains and swear im sure they have tourettes have been for a while i think it is all part of the spectrum usually when they have aspergers they also have co-morbid ie add adhd or tourettes dyslexia dyspraxia etc i just try to ignore their behaviour but check them if it gets out of hand ie running their fingers up and down the curtains too far oh well never mind must get off this computer to stop my two going onto the window ledge to see how far they can go up the curtains haha keep smilin luv karin xx :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle: