Sign in to follow this  
bevalee

School Transport

Hi :)

I really don't know what to do about this one!

My son started a Residential AS school in Someerset in April 05.

At the Tribunal i said i would be quite happy to do the transport, my Barrister asked for a mileage allowance.

I received a letter back yesterday refusing any help with mileage' Apparently there was a 'Parental Assertion' of taking full responsibility for transport and finance! That definatly was not in the deliberations of the panel at the hearing.

I am so sick of fighting for everything!! :angry:

Were you sent a copy of the minutes of this meeting? You certainly should have been! If you have them, check them over and see what they say. If you don't I'd be requesting a copy straight away. I'd also ask your barrister to check his/her records and see what version they have. If they have got it wrong, then you need to point this out to them PDQ.

Hi Bev. Karen here. Was interested in your comments. Luckily I was warned not to take parental responsibility. I was advised to take everything you can get with regard to transport - then it is up to you if you decide to take him or not.

Luckily I heeded this advice and have got a taxi there and back for my son every friday and sunday. Naturally I want to take him myself, but at least the transport is in place should I wish to use it.

I have emailed you re our holiday in cornwall!

Karen