Sign in to follow this  
Klou

Speech and Language Assessment

Hi

we had the speech and language assessment yesterday. we seem to be getting somewhere at last. I was quite assertive with the lady especially when she seemed to be hinting about lack of evidence etc when I pointed out that a lovely playroom and the attention of two adults in a quiet space wasn't really reflective of wha happens when we play at someones house or go out and about.

Anyway she established he didn't have a comprehension problem. I was really impressed with some of the things he answered correctly. He did show his inability to expand on what happens next. She accepted that he has social communication problems that are characteristic of aspergers.

Big result is that she is going to observe him at nursery >:D<<'>

I know he is young and they need to be certain before giving a definite diagnosis but our story is reading like so many other people's. I actually said this to her.

I am just looking forward to not being solely responsible for presenting the relevant info. Nursery's turn now and ds in his usual environment. :pray:

Hi Klou. We're in the same boat, James' SALT appointment is in two weeks and that's apparently the last hurdle before final dx. Hope we both come out with some answers.

Karen

x

Hi KarenT

We have one more hurdle and that is the OT assessment. Got the appointment today. Have to wait until beginning of October for that one.

I wish you luck.