Sign in to follow this  
Gold MD

I'm ending my tenure on gaming forums, on New Year's Eve...

Yeah. Posting on such forums in 2022 or any year going forward is a vastly pointless decision, as forums online significantly declined in both quality and activity over the years. Ask anybody who visits message boards about video games, and they will most likely nod their head in agreement. I've often mentioned it is too dead on forums, and it really does hit you hard, especially due to there being a time where folk used them quite regularly to debate about their beloved gaming purchases. Things unfortunately, don't stay the same forever. 

Plus, I also decided it wasn't all that mentally healthy to keep rambling on and on about the Resident Evil games, excessively, on multiple websites where again, people either aren't interested in my viewpoints, or they look like a small, uninhabited island. Half of these forums are often full of arrogant idiots anyway.

The RE games simply aren't that great any longer, because Capcom sold out. And I don't think my typing style won me over many fans over the course of my time on these type of forums. Either they couldn't fully follow what I was saying, for whatever reason, or they just don't care for what I have to contribute, opinions-wise. But hey, it happens. 

I said all there is to say about RE, Capcom and whatnot, really. Simply put, Capcom ruined the franchise nearly two decades ago by converting it into a bunch of action horror hockum, and now with this Harry Potter and Count Dracula style BS they have going on, it's gotten to be so dumb. But it has gradually worsened for the series since the year 2005, to the point where I can hold my head up high, and walk off.

With that said, I'll always be appreciative that it was a huge part of my younger years. The same with Silent Hill. But things don't stay the same forever. Plus, my mum is suffering from a lot of major health issues now, so I need to spend time with her. Not only that, I also need to get out there, doing stuff, and meeting people in person, in order to build up my confidence. It's very hard for a person such as myself, as I have been plagued with chronic anxiety, and I have autism, and that's by no means a pleasant feeling. But as they say, life is short.

My acting career never really took off either. It was hurtful. People screwed me over a lot as well, and I can admit I more or less failed in this area, but I can leave behind me the film credits, along with the harsh experience, at least.

:(

I'll forever be grateful to the relatively few people who stuck by me online and helped me stick it to the money grabbers who make up Capcom's development team across in Japan, and the trolls who slagged me off, even if it was a rocky trip at times, especially with the creepy Aussie guy pestering me in recent years, as well as impersonating me, and slandering me loads, along with various people not agreeing with my viewpoints on certain forums, and occasionally behaving like pompous jerks, which was probably done in an attempt to make me feel low. But I always spoke from the heart. That's all that counts.

:D

All the best, from Gold MD, aka thesaunderschild...

P.S. Censorship sucks! 

farewell-thank-you-messages.jpg

Edited by Gold MD