Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Ben is causing a storm

Hi,

I am so proud of my little man. He goes to a golf school on a Saturday and absolutely loves it. He is now a member of our local golf club and we have been told he is the best player they have seen for a very long time. He plays little compotitions on a saturday and has won several times now, he is the youngest by far, the age range is 4 to 12, he is 4, he beats them all most times at the putting compotition and the pro golfer teaching them said today he is the best at driving even thought he only hits the ball 55 yards, the other children can hit it further but only once or twice, Ben hits it consistantly straight and the same distance every time. He is also an excelent putter. The pro golfer also said there is no reason why he can't make it big in the game. There is nothing they can teach him he just needs to grow. :thumbs:

As for Ben, he has done all this without ever being taught a thing, no one else in the family plays golf, he seems to have a savant ability. He played golf before he had even heard of the word, useing toy brooms. We don't push him, in fact he is pushing hubby to play so he has a partner. All he wants for his birthday in a few weeks is "golf stuff" He also says one day he will beat Tiger Woods. B)

I feel so pleased for him, he has found something he enjoys and is brilliant at it. :wub:

A very proud Viper.

Fanatstic news...Well done Ben.....

Does he like watching golf as well....as sky one as that big tournament of the stars on Monday....

He finds it boring to watch :lol: He watches for a while then gets his plastic clubs out (the only ones he's allowed to use indoors) and shows them how it's done ;)

Viper.

oh love him. my son loves football, but hes not aggressive enough to play according to the manager of the local boys team.

well if u have to spit swear and fight like most of them do, them im glad he isnt! :wub:

Hi Viper -

Great to hear your ben is doing so brilliantly :dance::thumbs::thumbs:

My ben is also a golf bore/fanatic, but unfortunately is finding it a bit harder to master... Hitting some absolute blinders, but lots of duff'n's in between and subsequent meltdowns! He'll get ther, I'm sure, but it will take lots of 'rote learning' before the pro's suggestions actually become ingrained...

Did you read Lucas' link to the story on Moe Norman? ben was really chuffed to hear about someone 'like him' who had done so well on the pro circuit - inspirational stuff!

Here's a link in case you missed it:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/2004-09-28-norman_x.htm

L&P

BD :D

hi viper glad to hear your son has found something he loves to do its great my 2 play footy and do not spit,swear etc they are so good at concentration they have become good footballers not all footballers spit an swear keep smilin luv karin xx :star::star: p.s.only joking do not really want to fight u only in words

Thanks for the link BD, I did see it before but still not had time to read it properly.

Is he famous for winning, I have never heard of him, might be a bit before my time.?

BD just read the article, how sad he never made it on the major circuits. But what an incredible man with incredible talent. Fingers crossed our Bens can acheive even half of what he managed.

Viper.