Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

fed up.............................

Why oh why do things seem as though everything goes on at once?

Here are the things that are swirling around my head at the moment:-

1 Teacher told me that my little cherub was hitting the classroom assistant -------------mmmmmmmmmm. My parents are going on about it! He only started school a week ago!

2 Little cherub is still bringing his food back up once he has eaten - it smells revolting. Dr told me that they would do nothing as he was putting on weight etc but he had to get most of his teeth out after the acid eroded his teeth

3 His little sister has developed lumps behind one of her ears - but i think this is because she has got a cold or something.

4 My little cherub is going on and on and on about snooker tables!

5 Finally, I have got a sore throat!

Apologies for this post!

Elaine

x

Hi Elaine,

Sometimes it takes a child with ASD a LONG time to settle into school. Hitting his classroom assistant is probably his way of letting her know that he is not happy being there at the moment. School is a HUGE change for him. Both of mine went no problems at all for three weeks and then all hell let lose :( Maybe your parents don't quite understand that for your son hitting is a form of communication at the moment and not just hom being naughty. Sorry if I have got this wrong?

Is your son vomiting on purpose? Sorry for asking this but it could be a sensory issue and he could be gaining pleasure from this? He may like the feeling of his food coming back up. If he is vomiting on purpose it is something that I would seriously look into. Again sorry if you have already done this.

My Matthew always get lumps behind his ears when he has a cold or infection.

Snooker tables are probably as interesting to you as PC bits and pieces are to me :lol: That's ALL my eldest talks about. My youngest just wants to talk about his nipples at the moment :wacko: Why does he have them anyway when he is NEVER going to have a baby???????

Just got over my sore throat but I still have the cough and have not slept in nights now. Now there is something for you to lookforward to :lol:

Sorry again not trying to be flipant.

>:D<<'> Carole

Hi forbsay ..... big hug to you.... sometimes it feels like the sky is going to fall down but really you're not alone.... not here anyway.

The lumps behind your daughter's ears will be most certainly related to a cold or something (both my son and daughter have had them... they can take more than a year to go away)... don't worry about that.

Just know that all kids, but especially those with ASD take a while to adapt to school and to learn what behaviour is acceptable (some of them take years!.

Lauren XxX

Hi Elaine......thinking about you, know your worried about your little ones ,but don,t forget you,ve been through alot.I bet worrying about school starting and how he would settle has taken up alot of you energies , hope your family are supporting you cos us parents need help too.We ,re all here aswell so don,t you worry about posting anything :devil: .Are the school understanding of your son hitting? Can,t add any more >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> ..I thing big hugs is what you need >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> ..Suzexx.

Hi Suze,

Yip the school seem to be. He was ok on Friday at school so we shall see what happens.

Hi Carole

I think he is doing this for pleasure re his vomiting! I think I am going to have to look into this again. He is due to meet his school doctor in October and I will bring the issue up then. Hopefully he/she might be a bit more understanding than my local GP.

Feel calmer tonight - just sometimes things have all these things going around in my head.

Thanks for your replies

x

Hi Elaine,

If his vomiting is a pleasure thing and sensory then he will probably need to be seen by a Specalist who has a good understand of ASD. Maybe the School Dcotor can point you in the right Direction. I know that it's early days but has it got worse since he started school?

Carole