Sign in to follow this  
Amanda32

Update on genetics

Not feeling too good at the moment my son didn't get to sleep until about 12.45 am all he did was run up and down the stairs and move his toy boxes around... :wallbash: Myself am not sleeping very well about 4hrs a night as always feeling dehydrated, hot and my bowel movements are messed up... :sick: Im waiting to see a Dr nextweek as im either constipated or got diarrhea and someone told me about IBS so trying to watch what im eating and drinking at the moment to see what is setting it off....(hope none you mind me saying)... :unsure:

Well I got a letter off the Geneticist explaining about the appointment we had few weeks ago. Just waiting to see if they find anything now.

Can anyone tell me what these words means?

Hydronephrosis and require prophylactic trimethoprim..i know that is something to do with kidneys... :unsure:

He had a murmur due to a PDA? was closed on it's own.

He was found to have a high anal atresia requiring a colostomy?

Hope none of you mind me asking

Many thanks

Amanda >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Edited by Amanda32

I know that hydronephrosis can be where urine tracks back up the ureter towards the kidney.Children with this are prone to the risk of urinary and kidney infections and are often on antibiotics for a couple of years.

(This happened to the son of a friend.he is now OK and off antibiotics).xx

'Prophylactic' means medicines taken for preventative reasons - ie not to treat an illness which is likely to occur, but to prevent it occuring/nip it in the bud.

Antibiotics are sometimes prescribed for prophylactic reasons - eg if you're going to have an operation, and it is thought that there's a high risk of post-operative infection.

The preventative meaning explains why prophylactic is another name for a form of contraception!

Many thanks for the information, I know some of you are the same when it comes to certain names off doctors etc as its in their own jargon.... :wacko: I remember him being on medicine for his kidneys for at least a year. Been searching the net and the high anal atresia is another name for imperforated anus.. :unsure: wish proffessionals would explain more to us parents......... :wallbash:

Many thanks again... B)

Amanda

Edited by Amanda32