Sign in to follow this  
bevalee

Be Warned!

I don't know how, but someone has got hold of my bank details and tries a 'scam' on my account.

I shred every thing that goes out of my house, so i don't know how its happened! :angry:

My bank has frozen both my accounts so i can't get any money in or out of the bank - don't know how i'm going to live but they don't care!

So be extra careful!

Can some one please explain how this works, because i dont understand it. I am left with the impression that there is a fundamentas security flaw in the british banking system.

In holand for example, we donmt use cheques, if I want to pay some one , I ask for ther account number and their address, I then make the payment to them using those details. In shops we use card and pin which i guess is the same as switch. So if i gave you my details the only good it would do you give yopu the ability to pay me.

Aplication for credit, creditcards bank acounts etc require a both photo id and a national insurance number. the NI number is used to verify your name and address.

these day High risk areas such as airports and electronic / computer store will also require photo id befor acepting your credit card.

What wories me, though is the posibility of the similar scams coming over hear

J