Sign in to follow this  
KarenM

recognising facial expressions

Hello, just wondered if anyone knew of any good places on the net or books about recognising facial expressions as DD has said she is interested. By the way, if anyone remembers my post about her being upset about high school, she's much more settled there now and is managing to get the bus without me. :)

added to my favourites - a good little site - thanks -

I loved the face animation but I'm saving that for his CBT teacher who's working on expressions at the moment (she likes it too)

there was another game, emotions, on the same site and I asked Com to do it.

I was amazed, he got every question right first time.

Then I had a think - one of Com's biggest problems is face-blindness (prosopagnosia) and he doesn't recognise people or differentiate between them.

so I asked him to play again - this time with the three models instead of just one.

This time he struggled because he couldn't see enough difference in the expressions; I think the physical differences in the faces confused him.

I suppose this means that although he can recognise basic emotions, he can't generalise it effectively

Zemanski