Sign in to follow this  
smiley

Anyone from Hampshire??

Hi all, :)

I've been looking around for a support group for myself and a social skills group for my son, whos 6 and has Aspergers....

Are any of you from around my area? Do you know of any groups etc that you can give me info on??

Im right on the borders of Berkshire and Surrey, but am actually living in Hampshire.

Any help would be excellent - >:D<<'>

Thanks xxxx

Hi, there is:

Helping Hands at Mapleridge school, Basingstoke, "Suppport group for parents and families of people with autism and/or aspergers; has a small library that people can borrow from; group meets first Wednesday of the month 1.15 - 2.45pm"

Insight. Aldershot area: "a group of parents suporting parents...... meets monthly in a local pub. Contact Sarah 01252 332684.

Proactive parents (PAP) 01256 782276

Parents encouraging parents (PEP) 01276 64520

Autism and Aspergers Support group - "mutual help and support, plus information about local services 01420 89762 - days.

Just done this and thought maybe I should not have! Apologies if I've broken the rules. I cannot give you personal experience of these groups as I have got the information from the Hants Guide to services for children with special needs called "pinpoint". Again sorry if this is wrong but hope it helps. Kat

Thank you Kat for the info - hope you haven't broken the rules - :whistle:

Its amazing the amout of places i've looked online and out and about - guess you just have to know where to look!

>:D<<'>

I can recommend Helping Hands and the Aut/AS support group (Alton) - I have been to both.

Surrey NAS has lots of meetings in various places - www.mugsy.org. I often go to the Farnborough ones. It often has talks and things to do (eg: cinema, swimming). You don't have to live in Surrey to join.

I don't know of any social skills groups in Hants, but I have heard of one in Surrey - have a look at their web-site.

Karen

Just wanted to add a huge thank you for all the phone numbers, I am in Farnborough and just beginning this whole new, long journey and need all the help and support I can get! :wacko:

Nikki.

Hi Nikki, there is a service in hampshire called the joint information link. You can join this on a purely voluntary basis and you will get a "pin point" directory. There is quite a lot of helpful info in it. i would think your health visitor should know about it, or is your little one in pre-school? I have the info but not with me at the moment. love Kat

Kat - yes my litttly is still in pre-school, but I'll look into it anyway as I might as well know all I can!

Karen, Thanks for the info, I'll have a look for details and get in touch with the lady - I could do with some sane conversation. ;)

Nikki