Sign in to follow this  
meemo38

DLA appealled today

Well hubby had to go alone today to th appeal as i had the film crew here for the TV pogramme i am going to be on, he said he had to answer loads of questions, he thought he would be turned down, but we got middle rate care no mobility, but we dont claim that he has problems for that, he had a welfare rights officer with him, and there was a chap from the DLA dept there, infact the chap from welfare rights told hubby that the DLA man said he hoped we would win while the panel went to make their minds up!!!

So we will have it backdated from april and it runs till april 07, and will hopefully get a letter from carers allowance as that was applied for a couple of months back.

Next fight on our hands is to get a diagnosis for him!!!!

Michelle

WooHooo!! Weldone!!! Is your child over 5?? I couldn't clam mobilioty until after he turned 5 and got awarded low rate for that. I won on appeal (tribunal like you) and had my special needs HV come with me who did a fantastic job. I had 3 men on the panel inc a high ranked doctor and a solicitor. Dunno who the other guy was though and at the end of it, got awarded high rate care which they had to backdate 6months. :o

Weldone once again. This is yet another battle you've won, now onto the next one but as I say 'we always win in the end when it comes to our kids!'. (whatever the battle is whether it's DLA, LEA or DX!) :thumbs:

Edited by Tylers-mum

Hi, its not about aspergers or anything to do with autism......its all about and for ME!!!!!

Had some surgery already, having a tummy tuck in nov, its about not liking things about yourself, should be aired in january, tiring, but will be worth it ;);)

Michelle

PS had a stylist here today, he was a scream, very gay!!!!

Ohh, so you're being treated like a Queen which you so so should!! :D Hope the next surgery goes well, wish I could afford an all over body liposuction. LOL (oh well, in my dreams maybe!!!) ;)

Cool about the stylist. My son's godfather is gay and one of the nicest people I know. They are all (well, a vast majority anyway! LOL) a scream and can keep me entertained for hours! :D>:D<<'>