Sign in to follow this  
misterfredrogers

Going to toilet obsessively

My6 year old son always wants wees.Its been a problem for as long as he has been potty trained at 3. he can go 30 to 40 times a day.anxiety triggers it more and can cause probs at lesson time at school.He had a circumcission at 4 for physical reasons so its a case of what came first.It is so difficult to go out for day especially as at nearly 7 you cant get away as easily with going up a tree or alley like you can with a toddler.Im sure in future years we will be able to write a book about Uk public conveniences .We have to have last minute last minute wees before we leave house it goes on and on banned ofcourse :pepsi:

Hi,

Do you have a toilet key, you can find details here. I have also given a link to a previous topic on this subject.

The National Key Scheme- unisex toilets: initiated by RADAR ( Royal Association for Disability and Rehabilitation) offers independent access to over 6000 locked public toilets in the UK. The keys are available from RADAR at a cost of �4.11 inc. vat or �3.50 with a declaration of disability. They are also available from your local District Council. http://there.is/cgi-bin/radar/e-shop.cgi

any advice, using toilet more often

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...t=0entry14066

Nellie xx

Hi mister fredrogers,

You could be describing my daughter at 7 ! We could never go more than 20 minutes without loo stops - a major problem on long journeys, and she was asking to leave the classroom all the time. She was highly anxious about having an accident. Years later she has been able to look back on this time and talk about it. She says she was unable to recognise the signals from her bladder which tell you it's time to go, and so she had to go all the time just in case. She says she still has trouble recognising the physical sensations clearly - she just has to guess.

Hi there i hate to tell you this but this problem goes on well into their twenties my sister-in-law who has Aspbergers is constantly going im coming to the stage where i am constantly asking her why? its so many times a day its unbelievable and it s like shes in a routine for it i have tried many solutions talking about it explaining about it but it seems to be all i do. The worst is obviously when its the time of the month as its more times a day then, ive come to the conclusion that i am going to take her to the doctors and ask them to have a chat with her if this behavior continues ive even though :wacko: t to myself shed be better with a wee bag that way its connected to her and she can go whenever. No honestly i think its a case of just letting them get on with it i cant think of a solution just thought i would let you know you are not alone.

Good luck and Take care