Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

Self Management Plan

Well,

On the 24th September I told you all about our wonderful self management plan for Martin. It actually lasted properly for one day!! :lol:

He soon worked out that if he did nothing on the timetable then it would seem obvious he wouldn't have to go to school (not stupid my boy!)

The plan has now been ripped up and we are back to square one - where he does not do as I tell him and I run around like a headless chicken getting four kids to school and a toddler to his grandad's.

On the plus side he still did everything on the now non-existant timetable and we got to school on time this morning and I think that secretly that little plan is in his head somewhere and he's following it! :thumbs:

The reason: Martin follows no one's rules but his own. When that plan was out in the open for all to see it was mum and dad's plan not Martin's so he didn't follow it.

Now it is in his head it is Martin's plan - and quietly he's getting on with it. Ah, child phsychology - it's as easy as convincing the boss you need a raise :lol:

Daisy

It might be because he's younger and loves school, but if J acts up in the mornings and refuses to get ready I say to him "Ok, don't bother, I'll just go and ring Mrs H (head)..." and he sorts himself out quick-time.

We use a list by the door for the mornings, and one on the wall at the top of the stairs for bedtimes. It's easier for me because all I have to say is 'list' instead of 'shoes, watch, hanky...' etc, and he gets a reward for completing of his own accord.

Hope Martin cooperates with the list in his head, Daisy!

Karen

x

Yes, Owain you are absolutely correct - two of those kids do get themselves out to school for which I am very appreciative of course.

And bringing the baby downstairs in the morning is also a massive bonus too

Thanks

>:D<<'>