Sign in to follow this  
sonia

Earlybird Plus

We have an opportunity to attend Earlybird Plus at the beginning of 2006. As the professional involved would be my sons LSA I have concerns about whether the Head will agree due to funding issues around a supply LSA. The course is morning only although is for ten weeks. Has anyone been through this process?

Sonia x

Hi Sonia - we went on this back in June/July and it was fantastic - my son's school let his LSA attend but he had no support during the time that she was on the course - as we had only just got a statement for him the support was new anyway, so it didn't actually make a huge difference.

It's worth it for the LSA to attend as then both you and the school know what is happening and also gain more understanding together. I hate the cliche 'singing from the same hymnsheet' but that is what happens.

Obviously you will have to consider the situation for your son - it's a difficult situation as supply LSA's are hard to come by - but you could sell it to the school re the added value from a member of staff attending.

One of the couples on our course had the LSA one week and the SENCo the next - which is another option ...