Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

Louis's respite school care finishes

next week.

I am absolutely sh!!!!ing myself.

Well, it gets reviewed next week, and I have a feeling that they are going to say that as he is so calm and well behaved at the unit, he is okay to go back to mainstream school full time.

At the moment, his day is -

8.45 - 12.00 - Mainstream school

12.00 - 12.20 - Lunch in mainstream school

12.20 - taxi pickup

12.40 - 2.30 - Respite School unit

2.30 - taxi pickup

3.00 - arrive home.

Louis CANNOT cope with full-time mainstream school. He CANNOT cope with part-time mainstream school.

His school are very forward in admitting that even with the 1-1 support that he has all the time he is in mainstream, he is NOT ACCESSING EDUCATION (headteacher/classroom teacher/LSA/Deputy Head's words!!!!).

I am VERY concerned, as the headteacher has told me that when he comes back to full-time school, now that his application for an assessment for Statement for SEN is with the LEA, she WILL EXCLUDE HIM IF SHE NEEDS TO, TO FORCE THE LEA'S HANDS (Headteachers words!) with regards to the statement.

The Headteacher has told me that she expects a statement to be in place by Christmas.

I phoned the LEA today, and they have said that they don't expect a statement to be in place - IF THEY AGREE TO AN ASSESSMENT AND STATEMENT - until AT LEAST MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!

My God, I cannot cope with Louis being at home for nearly 6 months.

HELP!!!!

Hi,

Firstly, i am shocked as to what the Head has said about excluding Louis :angry: . That's not the right way to get a statement quicker. What would her grounds be for exclusion anyway? :angry:

I think you should get in touch IPSEA straight away.

Also, reading your post, what came to mind was should Louis be in mainstream school at all?

Have you considered a special school for him?

My son was failed by a mainstream school, and now he's in a special school, he is so much happier.

Loulou x

loulou, no he shouldn't be in a mainstream school.

This is agreed with by myself, hubby, headteacher, ed. pshyc, paed etc etc etc.

Just hoping and praying that the LEA will listen to everyone.

Head teacher has said she will exclude IF SHE NEEDS TO - your guess is as good as mine as to what this means. BUT, I must say that I totally respect her decision. I am quite certain that if Louis was in any other mainstream school, they wouldn't have put up with taking a whole class of children out of the room as Louis was trashing it, 1/2 sometimes 3 times a day. Other schools wouldn't have put in 1-1 support for Louis ALL DAY EVERY DAY he is there. They wouldn't be so understanding about the fact that we are making exclusions from his diet, and help in whatever way they can. They wouldn't put up with his siren noises when the classroom becomes too much. The list is endless, and the school have put up with it for 2 whole years, going into the 3rd year while we get all the reports and help that we need from outside sources.