Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

I need help writing a letter.

I have posted this on anther board I visit but could do with all the help I can right now! Hope you don't mind me asking here too.

I found out Monday that my son's LSA is leaving at the end of term (2 weeks time) after supporting me and my son for 3yrs. I am absolutely devastated and distraught b/c she is one hellava lady who has done wonders with my son. Kinda got close to her myself too and I know she is going to me sooo missed. I have explained to T about this but i don't think he understood, he asked me for a biscuit when I told him!

Anyway, I'm trying to put together a little package for her to say Thank You and in it will be various things including a little note from TJ and a Thank You letter from me. Problem is, I cannot write letters and find it hard to express myself in writing or in person but I really want her to know how much she's helped us, how she's helping me get a dx for my son, as a friend etc etc, I want it to really touch her heart but I honestly don't know how or what to say or even how to write a letter like that.

I would REALLY appreciate it if some of you could help me out with putting this letter together, how to word it and what to say (examples etc). Please????

I have no one here to ask b/c no one knows how I feel other than you guys b/c we are all in the same field.

Hey Tylers-Mum,

I felt the same when Tyler left pre-school, they had way over and above what they HAD to do, taking time out of their own private lives to go to special groups to help learn about ASD more so they could help Tyler. I wrote the 2 people involved a letter when Tyler left. happy to send to you. Will send in PM in a while, when I've found it!

B)

Sometimes you can say more by saying less ( if that makes sense). I would keep it simple, something along the lines of 'Thank you for being there, you have made a huge difference to our lives'.

Good luck with it.

Nellie xx

I agree with Nellie. It doesn't have to be a literary masterpiece, if it's said honestly and sincerely, it will touch the spot and I speak as a teacher. Any expression of gratitude, however it comes, is always wonderful to receive.

If this helps, on the leaving card for the best teacher my daughter ever had, I remember writing simply, "thank you for everything you have done for L... She will miss you next year".

Whatever you write, it will be unique and she will treasure it.