Sign in to follow this  
nix

annual report 2005

I have just received a copy of the school annual report from the board of governors and don"t know what to make of this.

"Arrangements for disabled pupils-- At present there are no disabled pupils at the school. The policy of the education authority is that if a school has a disabled pupil then funds will be made immediately available to assist attendance. The steps that have been taken so far will allow general access for any disabled person in line with DDA requirements. The new building was provided with a disabled toilet and ramps but if the school were to have a disabled pupil then it is our understading that the eductation authority would be obliged to provide other facilities as necessary. The governers have drawn up an access plan indicating where changes could be made, should they be necessary." my son is 4 receives high rate DLA and is dx asd and developmental delay I made the decision to keep him in mainstream to increase the chance of developing social skills plus there are no other schools around I can take him to unlesshe receives the transport which I know he will not be able to cope with. My older son also attends this school. Also I dont understand the financial statement which bit should I be looking at to see how his funding is being spent he has a one to one but shares lunchtime assistant and receives 9000 pounds from early years funding for inclusion. Many thanks.

MotherEve that's exactly what this means. It is utterly riddiculous as well. There are dozens of disabilities that don't come with wheels attatched! This needs to be pointed out to the governors.

As for the financial question, cannot say without seeing it.

>>"Arrangements for disabled pupils-- At present there are no disabled pupils at the school

This is the part about disabled access which must be constantly monitored by the school. There should also be a part about SEN (how many, on what stage etc).

From the budget stuff in the annual report, you will not be able to tell about your son's SEN funding.

You may be able to find the schools full budget breakdown on your LEA's site - but this still would not specify how your son's funding is spent - you woudl have to ask the school.

Karen

Schools no longer have to produce this Annual Report. I'm so glad, if they're full if inaccuracies like this. I wonder at the HT who obviously never read his/her draft (though is it any wonder with the number of 'initiatives' flung at them).