Sign in to follow this  
seeking-sanity

legoland

hi

I wondered if anyone has been to legoland and how they got on, we are going on thurs and J seems very anxious, obviously the other 3 children are really excited, but we are starting to wonder what we've let are selves in for now, we are having two days there and two nights in a hotel. Starting to panic as hes not very good in busy places and I hope we can control his rages, it seemed a good idea at the time. So just wondering if anyone else has been and what it was like or if anyone has any strateries for legoland or hotel???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

H,

We've never been to legoland but i've taken callum for other days out and the main problem he has is with crowds or ques for rides. I now phone ahead of any planned trip and make sure they accept Q-Buster methods for special needs kids, ie I take my A4 laminated sheet which states "Please hold a place for our autistic child on receipt of this notice, thank you" and ask the last person in the que to take it up to the front, it means we can just sit calmly away from the crowds which takes away some of the anxiety for him.

I couldn't offer any advice on hotel stops as all of ours have been unsuccessful even when i've over prepared him!! As long as he gets 5 minutes of enjoyment from it then it has been worth it though.

Malc

Posibbly try and get the hotel to email/post you pictures of the rooms and building, in particular a bedroom (but explain may not be exact decor etc) foyer etc. If the hotel are worth booking into they'll do it.

I find it really helpful to show my son the Legoland website and map of the park before we go. That way he has some idea of what its like and what to expect.

Whenver we go on holiday we show him where we will be staying on the website. You could do that and show him what sort of room he will be staying in, where he will eat his meals, the playground etc etc.

Planning ahead is the key! :P

Have fun!

We have always found Legoland and their staff excellent. Its well spread out so itis possible to avoid the crowds. Loads of disabled facility toilets, so you dont have the hastle of trying to find a loo with a child who suddenly decides they need to go. I think if you go to customer services they provide a card or wrist band so that you dont have to join a long stressful line.

Its a while since we were there, my son is a 20 and too big for most of the rides but I would recommend it over other theme parks.

Im sure youll all have a brilliant time.

Loraine

We had an excellent day out there.take your DLA letter to Customer services and you'll get a stamp to enable you not to queue.You go up the exits and get put straight on to rides.(I did Queue once when the queue was very short because I thought it was good for Rh to practice when the wait was short.xx

There are plenty of things to do apart from the rides. You can try out the dacta kits - if your child likes making things stop/start/go on/off they will enjoy that. You can also book to be taught how to make something (when we went it was a prgrammable robot that threw a ball).

I think a carer can get in for free, and the queue pass means four people can go straight on the rides via the exit. There are shows to watch, and the water park is always fun (take a change of clothes). Buying food was the worst bit - the cafe near the entrance is quieter, but doesn't do as many things.

Karen