Sign in to follow this  
jayjay

had D.I.S.C.O. ass today

Hi all, well went with hubby to disco assessment today for our 5 year old i must say it was very intense interview and very thorough from what we were asked , it took 3 hours :wacko::wacko: and loads of questions the paed cannot give us a diagnosis until she has basically counted up the scores she marked but then proceeded to give us leaflets and books and numbers on support groups, disability leaflets and information on aspergers told us to read up on all of it join the local autism centre and come back in 2 weeks for diagnosis so it looks like she already believes he has aspergers just needs to confirm but they couldnt have been more helpful and friendly and there was me moaning bout her not that long ago cos i thought she didnt understand what i was saying :wub::wub: sometimes those professionals do surprise :whistle:

That's normal. We had the same thing. What tends to happen is they seem to score as they go along, so they have a good idea of what's what by the end of the assesment. But they have to get the results checked by someone else before they give you the DX. I would hedge my bets that you will return in a fortnight to be told for sure.

Good luck for 2 weeks time.