Sign in to follow this  
kerrybobs

Hi Im back again

Hiya,

I have been away from my computer for a bit, I thought I would pop back and have a look at what has been going on and also let you know how we have been getting on.

Robyn 10, has AS, ADHD and dyslexia.

Got DLA finally,we got low mobility and middle care component!!!!!! YIPPEEEE

We have had a bit of progress.

The school have finally given there backing to Robyn ( Big of them, I know). I have had lots of help from a brilliant lady from the parent partnership, who has been taking me round local secondary schools. Also we are preparing for a statuary assesment.

We have found a mainstream school with what seems like an excellent SEN department. With lots of things in place for Robyns needs. Robyn will visit the school once a week from January through to July of next year, for her to familiarise herself before she starts next September. Also she will be given a time table with the teachers pictures on it.

We are waiting to hear from Autism initatives.

I have been going to a parent help group for As kids, which has been a god send.

Work have changed my hours so I am there 1 week out of 2 for when Robyn gets out of school.

Robyn herself is getting more of a handful as she is getting older. The tantrums are getting worse and because she looks her age now, It can be embarrasssing. She constantly screams and shouts. She is still getting by on 4 hours sleep. She is getting quite verbally aggressive especially to the children around where we live. Then cant understand why they wont play with her.

She also hits her 18 month old sister. She will wind her up so the baby pushes her and then she will hit/smack/punch the baby. This is getting out of hand.

The social worker gave me a social story book which to me was not realistic. Especially as Robyn does not stand still long enough to try and explain things to her. I am in discussion at the moment about whether to try Robyn with a trial of ritalin. Any advice would be appreciated.

There have been some great threads, lots made me laugh. Some made me smile and some made me sad.

I hope you are all well and keeping sane!!!

Kerry

Kerry

Welcome back! I was wondering where you had got to.

I'm glad you are getting some support at last. B)

It might be worth trying the ritalin if her impulsiveness is making her life diffcult, but I do understand it's a big step.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Kerry bobs, where have you been :shame: ..............glad :thumbs: your back.............were in the same position regarding HS, the idea of a visit a week from Jan sounds great B) ,might suggest that one myself, welcome back :wub: Suzex.