Sign in to follow this  
dorsetmummy

school

They have just rung to say that sophie has wet herself and needs a change of clothes. grrrrrrrr she has TWo sets of spare clothes at school, do they not think of asking her if she has a change. grrrrr On her very first day the teacher said when i told her she has a change of clothes, oh hopefully she wont be needing those grrrrr. They know she has a problem grrrr,

And yesterday the deputy head told me that sophie had been taken out of class twice, and actually said to sophie in front of me, you have a choice you come to school tomorrow and behave yourself or you stay at home grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrr,

right sorry rant over

Julie

you have a choice you come to school tomorrow and behave yourself or you stay at home

That's one of the reason many mainstream schgools are so hard for our children, this remark displays a complete lack of understanding of children with Autism. :angry::angry:

Simon

Hi Dorset Mummy,

Is this an invitation to willfully exclude your child from school yourself?

Come the revolution, I would like to be the one that humiliates these morons that deal with out kids - trouble is, I will probably be at the back of an enormous queue - bigger than the ones that form around a new NHS Dentist practice :lol:

Best wishes

HelenL

Pop over to the education forum and have a look at the illegal exclusion thread (It's one of the ones in bold pinned to the top of the page). The implied threat that ASD related behaviour is grounds for not being allowed into school:

you have a choice you come to school tomorrow and behave yourself or you stay at home

would be exactly that - an illegal exclusion! If the school really believe that this is an acceptable approach to dealing with your daughter perhaps they need a print-off from that thread to remind them of their obligations - all sources are referenced on it so they can go check the validity of it for themselves. :whistle: