Sign in to follow this  
stressed out mum

Educational Psychologist

Should have known it wouldn't last :(

Have just recieved the Record of Consultation On School Visit report in the post. :angry:

It states that B tended to fiddle with the strap of his wristwatch during the assessment and seemed to swallow more than normal. Partly this will be due to anxiety in case he does not fully understand what is expected of him, as well as due to the need to be physically moving due to ADHD.

Firstly how can she decide that my son has ADHD :wallbash: and secondly of course he was nervous he last met this woman when he was six and found her scarey then.

It says in the report that he was given sub tests of the Weschler Intelligence Scale for children 3rd edition does anyone know where I can get a copy of this test?

Sorry rant over, and I thought things were going so well.

Some info on it. I am sure there are several books on it, maybe try local library inc reference section.

I would request further information on the mention of ADHD, I pressume it must be written in his notes or somewhere that he has ADHD, it was written in my sons notes for a long time and they never told me.

ADHD was suspected at age six but disregarded soon after due to not enough evidence.

The thing that bugged me is that she said that he was fiddling because of ADHD but when I met her years ago I found that I fiddled because she was so intimidating.

Have left a message for the SENCO to phone me. Hope I don't have to wait too long.

Still looking, but the following article (if you can get hold of it) might shed some light on the test used:

Author(s): Watkins, M. W.; Greenawalt, C. G.; Marcel, C. M.

Article Title: Factor Structure of the Wechsler Intelligence Scale

for Children-Third Edition Among Gifted Students

Journal Title: EDUCATIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL MEASUREMENT

ISSN: 0013-1644

Year: 2002

Volume/Issue: VOL 62; PART 1

Page(s): 164-172

Frequency: Quarterly: 4 issues per year

Publisher: USA : EDUCATIONAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL MEASUREMENT

Language: English

Dewey Class: 151.205

LC Class: BF1

BF

BLDSC shelfmark: 3661.366000

Cheers Phasmid

Couldn't find anything myself. His tutor is looking into getting the test results for me.

Went to school Friday and they gave me the rest of the report and recommendations that should have arrived in the post.

Thankyou for the PM will go through it tomorrow.

If I get a copy of the test I will post it on Forum.

Might be of help to someone else?