Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

Sleep problems

Hi

Having a bit of a problem at the mo regarding sleep (or lack of it). In our family we have Matthew who is 5 and ASD. His little sister is 2.5 years old but is screaming in the middle of the night ie 1.30 ish every night. I like to let her cry for a wee while as I am convinced that she will get into this habit of wakening up every single night. Though the problem with this is that her brov wakes up as well........... Last night it was 5 am - she started screaming (though she did this earlier and i ignored her and she got herself back to sleep) Matthew then woke up and got into our bed, I went down stairs with the wee one. I am getting totally exhausted re this routine every single night.

Any thoughts?

Forbsay

x

Try these links

one

two

three

Suffering from sleep deprivation can be awful. This is what is happening to you as a result of everyone else's sleep problems. If it is getting too much for you I'd seek further advice from your gp who can arrange an appointment with a sleep clinic. Hope the links are useful.

Hi

Thanks for the links. Really appreciate it!

Not sure what she is going to be like tonight as it is really windy and the rain is hitting against the window. We have also tried to black out her windows as the street lights were coming through the curtains. She also has a total fear of fireworks..................

Forbsay

Last night was another mare. Daughter was up at 11 and refused to go back to bed. Hubby looked after her - my son decided to get up at 4 am. So both kids were sleeping with their daddy on the sofa. Tonight, matthew is in bed (he usually goes to bed no problem), little angel is again refusing to go to her cot so is sleeping on the sofa in the livingroom.............. i honestly feel as though it is about midnight and it is only 9 ish! :o

Forbsay