Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

Has anyone been on an NAS help! course

We've been sent an application to attend an NAS help! course in Newcastle in January. Has anyone ever attended one of these, are they useful?

Problem is some days are during work hours and some are during the evening and hubby and I both want to attend. Could one of us attend and let the other one know or would it better for both of us?

Help! please

thanks Daisy

Hi,

I helped out at an NAS Help! programme where only one partner attended.

This is taken from the forum Jargon Buster, in case you don't know, it's top right hand corner of the screen

help!: The NAS help! programme provides parents and full-time carers, with post-diagnostic information and advice, to develop their knowledge and understanding of autistic spectrum disorders, positive management strategies and local support services. http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=217

Nellie xx

I attended one on Wrexham in February and I would recommend the course to anyone with an Autistic child.

It would be ideal if you could both attend, but they are very understanding and flexible so, for example you could attend alternate sessions, or one of you could attend the daytime sessions and both of you could attend the evening ones. As log as between you you send at least one person to most of the sessions they will be happy.

I'd say grab the chance with both hands, both for the course content and for the chance to meet other parents in a similar situation.

Simon

Good grief, i feel like an idiot! I had one of these yesterday, and I'd assumed the idea was to pick ONE session from the list to attend, not the whole lot! Glad I looked on here before I filled the form in!

Husband's reaction to a whole 6 days will be a great big No Thanks, I am pretty sure...

hI someone else asked this same question not so long ago but I don't know what it was under . My husband and motherinlaw attended the full course it was brilliant I would strongly recommend that you attend. try looking for the other replies they may help.