Sign in to follow this  
katysmum

FED UP!

Hi all

feel the need for a rant- again!

Katy has been having a rough spell since september- back to school! She seems to be regressing into behaviors we thought we had got over. She seems to have gone back 12 months. Today for instance, I had to take her to see doc, and she sat in waiting room not talking, but signalling and pointing- and flatly refused to speak. then she picked up a book and read it to me, but she still wouldnt talk to me if I asked her anything.

Just getting her to school at the moment is a battle- she tries everything not to go, and sometimes has to be dragged off me screaming and carried in. great start to the day eh!

We are doing a visual timetable now, which does seem to calm her, unless, like today, she was ill and had to go to docs, but that wasnt planned so that was a problem. I wish I had a crystal ball, life would be soooo much easier!!

Sorry for the usual waffling.

If anyone has any tips about taking medicine, I would be very grateful- she is on a 10 day course of antibiotics for scarletina and getting her to take it is a nightmare.

thanks

sharon

If anyone has any tips about taking medicine, I would be very grateful- she is on a 10 day course of antibiotics for scarletina and getting her to take it is a nightmare.

We use Ice Pops if Matthew has to take any medicine as it all appears to make him vomit. The Ice Pop must numb the taste buds for him. Can't say if it would work for your daughter but I suppose anything is worth a try - although four Ice Pops a day is not to be recommended it is the only thing that ever works for us.

We had to leave a walk-in Medical Centre today with Matthew as it was too crowded and there were children racing around. Matthew wanted them all to be told to behave and he started rocking backwards and forwards on his seat (this is a new one for Matthew) He has not been very well for ten days now but after a terrible night we decided he needed to see someone. However we waited for 45 mins to see a nurse and were then told that the waiting time was 3 and a half hours :o We explained that Matthew was autistic and was quite stressed because he was not feeling too good. 15 minutes later and we had still not seen a nurse (and after that you wait for the nurse practioner) so we left.

Carole

Hi

Sorry things aren't going well at the mo timetables are very good but like you say if the slightest thing changes can be a big headache. As for the school we too have at least an hour struggle before bungeling him into the car and listening to him create all the way there.When he is there he loves it hay ho thats life !!!

If she will drink orange juice we find this is a good way of hiding Char med' might be worth ago.

Lisa x